Does the Salty Sim 747 mod change the flight dynamics at all or only systems?

Just curious. Obviously hoping to find aircraft with as realistic flight models as possible, which hasn’t really been MSFS’s strong suit thus far. Are 3rd party developers staring to improve upon this for the airliners in the sim? I have high hopes for PMDG but we’ll see

Yes but minimal from what I know.

For example they modified the plane’s behavior during landing. They eliminated the exaggerated ground effect that makes the plane float on landing.

But from their discord they’re planning on making big changes to the flight model in the future

1 Like

Aside from what the user mentioned above, the mod doesn’t exactly make the systems perfect either, to be honest.

The autopilot’s LNAV constantly overshoots enroute waypoints and it takes 3-4 more overshot turns for it to finally stabilise on path. Then there’s the heading hold button which from the last version of the mod I got, just refuses to work a lot of the time…

Both of these things combined means I’m normally turning the autopilot off from the very first vector I get all the way to touchdown.

The flight dynamics are pretty bad at cruise/descent phases (expect to apply lots of spoiler on 3 degree glides…), but fairly decent on take-off/approach phases.

I believe it is now Standalone right? Does anyone have a link to there discord or latest dev version?

saltysimulations/salty-747

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello, in the FlyByWire Installer installer, you have an icon of a pda and they added the Salty 747 both the stable version and the development version, so you always have it in the latest version.

Greetings

There is? I don’t see that icon on my FBW installer

Edit: Never mind, I need to update my FBW installer

Hello when you open the FlyByWire Installer,

1 Like