Does the Simulator have Atmosphere Layers?

There is weather layering at least at the troposphere and stratosphere layers.

Yesterday I flew from Bordeaux to Seattle on a Citation Longitude. The Longitude can fly at FL440 which is in the stratosphere and the level I flew at. I posted some pictures in the Screenshot MegaThread 2. First time trying this, link to those photos: Random Screenshot Megathread 2 - #158 by CAPTAINAS007

Unfortunately I didn’t take any inside cockpit photos except when I was landing. In the photo below, on the lower right hand side you see an arrow with a 13, that is the wind direction and the speed of the wind.

During my flight at times I had winds up to the middle 90s. As I descended I could see the direction and speed of the wind change.

So yes, there is weather layering within the sim and Live Weather.

I know that some say Live Weather isn’t the greatest, but so far I’m pretty happy with it.

Recently Asobo had a live Q&A and the weather was brought up. Like anything else, there is always room for improvement and if I’m not mistaken Asobo did say that some improvements were in the works and may be released either Thursday, February 11, with the UK World Update or the Sim 3 Update on Thursday March 8th.

But overall, I know that everything in FS20 will continue to improve.

1 Like