Don't leave DX12 in Beta, like FSX left DX10 in preview

I’ve been using DX12, it runs the best on my 1080 Ti system. Just hope that we don’t move to FS 2024 and DX12 is left in beta for FS2020, like FSX had DX10 but it was also left in a preview state. DX12 has been fairly stable for me, I don’t think I’ve encountered any issues with it and the performance is miles better than DX11.

Hmm. Haven’t tried DX 12 lately. I’ve got a GTX 1650. Maybe I’ll give it another shot.

1 Like

I don’t what I did to be the lucky one, but DX12 is working great for me, been using it exclusively for the last 6+ months. I hope too we can see more improvements. Got my vote!

2 Likes

I’ve been noticing that DX12 works better for me too (RTX3070 i9-10850k no overclocking 32gb mem). I occasionally switch back to DX11, but for whatever reason, it seems that DX12 gives me more FPS and less stutters. Go figure.

Still buggy and choppy for me. Back to 11.

DX12 doesn’t work for me, VR is totally jerky with the RTX 3080ti… Garbage

Been using it for a year no issues. 6 months on a 3080Ti and 6 months on a 4090. But, I could only start using it after a certain SU of which the number now escapes me - might be 10. Before that it was unusable with it being full of stutters.

I have been using DX12 exclusively for more than 6 months with Frames Generation and DX is very stable on my system! No more CTD for a very long time. I hope that FS2024 will only be on DX12 which will allow developers to work on a single version! The latest beta version SU13 (.14) gives me confidence in Fs2024 in terms of performance!

Configuration:

• 7950X3D
  • RTX 4090
  • RAM 64GB ddr5
  • SSD 2T pcie 5.0 (Corsair MP700)

I run dx12 since the introduction with no trouble at all with 3090 and 2x 3060ti, i9 10920 and i7 11700k
Yes two different pc, both had run dx12 on win10 and since march this year on win 11.
So my vote for this yes

1 Like

I think dx12 is slightly better performance for me in VR on 3090. But dx11 looks better visually due to having bloom enabled (dx12 gives intermittent screen flashes when bloom is enabled, as per the bug thread)

I’m away from home for the next day. Anyone see if the DX12 ground bug was fixed?

I haven’t used DX11 for close to a year. Zero crashes or other issues. VR is smooth as a pair of Q2’s can likely be. I’m using a Sapphire RX7900XT.

What I WON’T do is load up a bunch of 3rd party stuff, as they seem to be the cause of most troubles with FS 2020.

After reading this thread and having replaced my GPU and CPU (to RX6750XT & Ryzen7 5800X3D) I decided to give DX12 another shot. I hadn’t had good results dipping my toes into the murky waters previously. I got as far as the world map, selected my departure point, zoomed in to select my parking and the whole map turned bright yellow! Text was visible in pale grey but nothing else. I quit and re-started the sim and experienced the same thing. I reverted to DX11, restarted again and all was well. Very odd.

I take that back. After a computer reboot it seems to be working fine now. Hmm

1 Like

why is dx 12 beta is not out of beta stage ?

Take a look at this link here for the most latest update on DX12: September 2023 Live Developer Stream Transcription