Double Charged for 1 item last week, and didn't get 1 item I paid for this week!

This is frustrating.

I have been double charged for the BluMesh Ultralight I purchased last week.

Then today, I was charged for the Newly released Husky, but not given access to it in game.

What is going on with the store?

I’ve contacted steam to dispute the charges, but they say I must get it resolved here initially. Is this where I try and reach someone?

:frowning:

1 Like

I suspect you’ll need to zendesk it maybe?

When I used to buy Market Place addons for the MSFS2020 Steam version you had to put the steam credits in Steam wallet first and then buy from MS Store.

I am just trying to figure out how you could have been double charged with this method :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah. I haven’t had any problems until last week and today.

Something weird is happening. Steam is charging my account and then sending it to MS right away and I’m left empty handed.

I don’t have much cash flow these days so I get a bit more tweaked when this sort of thing happens these days.

Quick edit as I just read you purchased through steam. Let me double check the info I listed below. Will leave it in case it helps others and edit as I get more info

Hi @speedwoblz, sorry to hear about that. Best way is to get a refund for the double charge is by visiting the following link (ZenDesk is typically unable to handle requests for Microsoft billing issues):

If you run into any issues there, I would recommend the following:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/contact-microsoft-store-support-4f615f2a-6bbd-fd69-6695-ae213d63eef0

and as a last resort:

Edited above as I just re-read you are using with Steam.

Thank you. I appreciate your quick help.

Bummed to have to do so much work after handing over my money.

Hope I can find a quick resolution as I am no longer confident in spending money in the MP.

1 Like

I think the point I am a bit confused on is that if you bought the Steam credits first for the addon and then used these to buy the download from the Store I can’t immediately see how you could have been double charged.

I’m not disputing what you are saying by the way. Just trying to understand a bit more to see if I can help you.

Anyway, really sorry you are having problems and hope you get it sorted :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The first dbl charge (BluMesh Ultralight) happened because while it went thru on Steam, the in-game marketplace said the purchase did not go thru so I tried it again on Steam and it went thru after the second time.

I just assumed it had failed on Steam’s end as well, but it did not. They just charge it not knowing whether its successful or not on the MP side. There is no speaking between the two obviously…only in the cash process anyway.

Then today, I bought the Husky and when I saw the same Marketplace error about purchase not going thru again, I stopped and checked my money account and found the charges all going thru, with both Steam and the MP taking my money, but not giving me the goods.

After this. I’ll probably stop buying form the store. Too many hands involved and too much work for me to do afterwards to correct their failing.

As it stands now…
I received, but paid double for the BluMesh Boat Plane Ultralight (2 x 5.99)
&
I paid 14.99 for the Husky, but did not receive it.

I’ve lost $20.98 and wasted time to the MP.

Not happy.

2 Likes

Do you know when the next Q and A is going to be?

Both Microsoft and the developers have failed to fix perpetual flaws in the marketplace, and it is time Jorg puts a statement on the record about when these issues will be resolved.

OP very sorry for your loss here, you aren’t the first and won’t be the last.

3 Likes

Thanks. I understand now why you made the purchase twice because MS initially told you that the first purchase was unsuccessful.

Thankfully, this never happened to me but I understand now why you are frustrated. I would be too. Fortunately I only buy now direct from 3rd parties and keep well away from the Store.

I have long complained about the Store taking too much time to add new products or to provide updates for out of date products. However, I would never have thought that you would pay for a product and not receive it. Unbelievable. You have my sympathy :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I had to buy the deluxe version of the whole SIM twice. MS refused to correct the issue so I paid something like $250… welcome to MS.

1 Like

I got double charged as well, exactly same thing happened. The purchase went through on Steam but it looked like it didn’t go through on the marketplace initially. The product did not start downloading, and the store page still had the ‘Buy and Download’ and ‘Buy’ buttons. I wasn’t really paying too much attention and thought it had just failed on Steam’s end so I rebought, and later found out they double charged me.

I’ve sent in a support ticket to get refunded, but I don’t hold out high hopes. The marketplace seems a bit buggy. Whenever I buy something I first have to exit the product page before it’ll register I’ve actually bought the product and starts downloading. Otherwise I can just keep purchasing the same product over and over. This really makes it seem like the purchase failed, but it hasn’t. And they’ll double charge you if you buy again. This is unacceptable.

I wonder how many people this has happened to, perhaps some that haven’t even notice they’ve been double charged. Luckily I have at least got all the products I bought so far.

2 Likes

@ValidFeather164
Precisely what happened to me.
Thx for posting your story. The more that make it heard, the better.

2 Likes

It’s torture opening the Marketplace seeing that Husky for sale, knowing I bought it, but don’t have it in my account.
:rage:

Sorry to hear of your problems speedwoblz, sounds very frustrating. I have the MS store version of the game and went to purchase the Husky last night from the Marketplace and kept getting a “purchase failed” message over and over again. I was worried I would be charged multiple times if I tried to buy again and didn’t trust it. Luckily I decided to restart MSFS and it appeared as purchased and ready to download in the content manager.
Something is fundamentally wrong with the purchase system at the moment and I’m sure there are many others who have been caught out and are as frustrated as you are…quite understandably so! Hope you get it sorted! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your story! Really kind of you to take the time to write it out.

I’m saddened there is no resolution at the moment to my having paid for an Aircraft and not getting it. Even have receipts of purchase thru steam/email but it still does not show in my game account.

Beyond not getting the Husky I paid for, now I lack confidence in buying anything else from the store.

Sad to learn about the failings of The MP the hard way.

1 Like

That would really annoy me as well! I feel you’re pain and hope you get a resolution to it asap!

1 Like

Sheesh. Having to buy it twice.

Not encouraging. Sry to hear you had to go thru that. That’s horrible!

I too have also been double charged trying to purchase the Husky, and for exactly the same reason.
I had purchased MSFS through Steam, and when I first tried to purchase the Husky, I got the “Purchase Failed” message from the MS Store. So I retried the charge again through Steam, and this time the “wallet credits” went through and I was able to download the Husky. But when I went into my bank account, I saw the two charges. I have received the two charge confirmation emails from Steam.

I immediately contacted Steam for a refund or cancellation of the first charge, but got the message that they were unable to do so.

The two charges are still at the “Authorized” stage on my credit card account, and haven’t gone through to “Posted” yet, so I can’t do much until they do.

This looks like it’s going to be a real hassle, since I don’t think the Steam charges will show up in the MSFS Store purchase log or in my MS account. If I could get the “wallet credits” for the first Steam charge, I would use them towards another purchase, but I don’t think the MSFS Store keeps any sort of “unused wallet credits” record.

In part my own stupidity I guess. But I would have hoped that the MSFS Store would at least be as efficient as the Simmarket, Just Flight, or even PC Aviator stores when it comes to account management.

-Bob

1 Like