Double Charged for 1 item last week, and didn't get 1 item I paid for this week!

Thanks Kayem,

Using PC only and do not own an XBox

I just bought the DC-6 from PMDG directly and LOVE IT.

Guess I need to get the Stearmen and others directly as well but it would be nice to have it all in one place and not worry about getting charged and receive nothing.

Suppose its safer to get from the Developers

1 Like

Iā€™ve got the DC6 too. Fantastic AC. Think you will have loads of fun with it. Lots to learn too.

Also got the Stearman from Just Flight. Great for about Ā£12. I fly with the freeware high performance mod.

Donā€™t know whether you have them but if you like this sort of AC you might also like the Just Flight Turbo arrow or even the Milviz Corsair.

Just a few ideas for what itā€™s worth. Happy flying anyway :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank You!

The DC-6 is amazing. CAN"T WAIT for PMDG to create some airliners for MSFS2020

1 Like

You can reduce the number of external places to go for updates by buying from stores like Just Flight and Orbx. For example the Stearman is on the Just Flight Store and the Jabiru and C140 are on the Orbx Store.

Advantage of MS marketplace

• in game one stop shop for purchases with automatic updating
  • your purchases will carry over to your XBox

Disadvantage of MS Marketplace

• updates can be slow compared to buying direct as they make developers jump through hoops basically requiring a new approval for every update and only ship updates once a week even after approval
  • MS restrict options, for example the marketplace G91 cannot drop bombs, the Marketplace Swiss mesh only comes with one size option
  • you do not get a proper receipt detailing what product was purchased
  • if your gamer tag is messed up or unusable MS will refuse to move your purchases to your new login
  • people have reported that if you repurchase a different version (steam vs MS) due to install issues none of your marketplace purchases carry across even if you used the SAME gamer tag

I think this alone is enough to completely disqualify the marketplace as unfit for purpose. I want a receipt with an order number as a proof of purchase of that specific item or I wonā€™t do business with that store.

2 Likes

Well, to get what I paid for, I had to take the Zendesk route. My Stearman Model 75 landed on the Marketplace a day later, ready to download. But this is not the way a customer should have to take.

1 Like

Donā€™t get too angry at Steam. Theyā€™re in as much of a bad situation as we are, blame Microsoft.

That reminds me, I need to get an updated list of purchased products from Zendesk. I shall send in that request later today.

1 Like

Yep donā€™t blame steam, it works very well since itā€™s the biggest gaming platform so they really have an easy system to buy stuff. But microsoft decided to do everything through their own service to avoid steam refunds. When you buy something through steam you can easily refund but steam does not refund items which were used (they call them consumable items). So when you buy from the marketplace you buy steam credits which are used automatically which makes you not eligible for refunds on steam anymore.

2 Likes

Sheesh!

JUST GOT HOSED AGAIN!

Since it has been over a month with Devs being aware of the problems taking place I was hoping it would have been fixed, but tonight I bought LSPU Scenery since it was on sale for 6.49 and MSFS took my money and did not deliver the scenery paid for! AGAIN.

This is beyond ridiculous!

So is the fix NOT TO BUY FROM THE MP?

Seriously, is this ever going to be fixed?

@speedwoblz,
Please submit this to zendesk. Information on Marketplace purchases and who/how to contact (including duplicate charges or paying for a product and not getting it):

MAIN SUPPORT FAQ (this page was updated recently):
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015781359-How-to-contact-support-

PURCHASING (who to contact):
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/360004530679-Purchase

So is the solution for me not to purchase from the Market Place since this the 3rd time itā€™s happened to me? (as noted weeks ago above)

I hope not! Iā€™d like to be able to buy addons. Especially the upcoming Junkers Aircraft.

If the only remedy is to keep asking for refunds then I feel cheated out the whole MSFS experience being advertised.

I know you @Hester40MT are not the one who can fix it, but perhaps you can rekindle the issue with the Top Brass?

I really just want the products, not the hassle of chasing my money down. Itā€™s actually quite a bit of time for me to be doing all this and when it comes to simming, my lovely wife doesnā€™t really find it all as exciting as I do so my time is truly constricted these days to get to fly.

Thx

2 Likes

Same issue hereļ¼I paid for 3 items in mp then had been charged in steamļ¼Œbut canā€™t found in content manager for several daysļ¼

Iā€™ve send a request to Z but didnā€™t get any feedback till nowā€¦

Same with me, bloody annoyed at not having what i paid for and then having to jump through hoops to get refunded.

Hello, I tried to buy the Junkers 52 but Purchase Failed. I bought the game on Steam so I did what I normally did with previous purchases and added my Steam wallet. But the game stated this time that purchase failed & kept my money. No refund, like the original post.

Unfortunately, I am unable to create a topic so had to write on this thread. Do I go to Zendesk as well despite this being a Steam purchase or will the money be returned to Steam. I am very concerned that the game Iā€™ve been loving just ripped me off & left me without remedy.

Nevermind the upper post. It seems that the game tried again on its own & successfully downloaded the Junkers. It seems that waiting for the game to do its work for an hour will fix the problem.

But if this problem arises again & the game doesnā€™t fix itself, do I still go to Zendesk despite it being a Steam Purchase or dealing with Steam Wallet?

This is such an anit customer experience. I too had double charges with the Junkers and had to spend the time tracking down how to get a refund, filling the ticket only to be told that I need to contact steam now that they have authorized the double charge. Tonight I wanted to grab another download so this time I added funds to my steam wallet and then proceed to purchase via MSFS marketplace - 'Purchased failed" again yet I am being charged. Iā€™ll stick to the external sim marketplaces for my needs moving forwards.

I get this game is bugged and all but when your Marketplace fails when people want to give you money it shows real lack of quality control. This is your golden goose MS! Get it together.

1 Like

Yesterday I purchased the Stearman via the Marketplace and Steam; the purchase appeared to go normally. I received TWO confirmation e-mails from Steam, both with different purchase numbers and my Steam wallet had been charged for both.

I used the Steam process requesting a refund for a double purchase (which I have no idea how it occurred within the Marketplace and Steam. This morning I received an e-mail from Steam denying my refund request for ONE of the TWO of the SAME items because they donā€™t refund anything that has been used, modified or removed.

Iā€™ve only used, modified or removed ONE! This is utter nonsense. The Marketplace/Steam is a great idea, but this kind of situation needs to be addressed.

How do I go about getting Steam to refund the second, accidental (and probably caused by the Marketplace/Steam interface to begin with) purchase?

1 Like

See above for links to get into the weeds of getting your money back.
Prepare for some footwork and headaches. Itā€™s not fun.

Thxā€¦what a way to run a Marketplace experience!

Arrrg bought the Junkers on Steam last night using the approved method of adding funds to wallet and buying in-game. Says itā€™s bought and then failed but the purchase has gone through on Steam. Tried to refund on Steam but they refused and now I have nothing.

Posting here as Iā€™ve read the thread and links but Iā€™ve not a clue what to do next?