Douglas DC-3

I am missing my dc 3- you too ??

3 Likes

Yes!

I will likely hold off on buying this game until Microsoft, or a 3rd Party DLC, makes the Douglas DC-3 for Flight Simulator 2020. Preferably with a C-47 Skytrain skin.

DC3 or DC6!

Would love to see a Douglas DC-3. I crewed on one here in Australia for a few years.
Please some developer please do a DC-3.

Aeroplane Heaven’s DC-3 is getting closer. Check out their facebook page. It is looking good.

2 Likes

Asobo have brought in the JU-88, [3 engines], & now an AN-2 is in the works, (1 engine), logically the next historical aircraft should have 2 engines! :smiley:
The DC-3/C-47!
But, a good representation.
Please.
TG

2 Likes

Asobo will never release a Ju 88, so I guess you meant 52.
A proper DC-3 is really what lots of folks are looking for.

Aeroplane Heaven is working on one (they did a decent one for FSX/P3D), but no release date has been announced yet.

PMDG founder Robert Randazzo posted recently that they might develop a DC-3 as the next aircraft in their “classics” line (after the DC-6). He owns and flies one - so that, combined with PMDG quality, ought to make it the one to wait for. But it’ll be a long wait. They have their whole Boeing line to bring out first. Assuming they go ahead with a DC-3 (not guaranteed that they will), we probably won’t see it for a couple of years.

I know this isn’t what you’re looking for, but the Twin Otter, coming soon from Aerosoft, flies DC-3-like missions. So it’s sort of a modern substitute. At least, that’s what I’m telling myself… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yep
The JU88 was a secret version
52 it should have been. :smiley:
TG

1 Like

Well, not sure if this is still an active thread, but for those patient ones amongst us:

Aeroplane Heaven hopes to release the DC-3 for MSFS this month - MSFS Addons

2 Likes

No it’s not an active thread.
There is on for the AH DC-3 though:

This is coming in November 2022:

1 Like

This item was delivered in the 40th Anniversary Edition (1.29.28.0).