Download infinite loop

I just tried mine again and still stuck trying to download. 350Mbits pipe on my end and Speedtest verified, but nothing from Microsoft on the mandatory game update. Very frustrating…….

Download is running fine now. At 8X.XX Mbits

1 Like

Are you at a point where it says there’s an update but you can’t seem to see / find it?

If that’s what you’re seeing you need to download and install the Xbox app from the MS Store. It’s required for this update.

No, mine was a mandatory that stalled at 82gb downloaded of the total 131 gb. I restarted it and have been trying to get the last 50gb to finish. I already traversed the issue with needing the Xbox app during the World update 6. This issue was not related to that.

I have been forced 2 times this month into the 131gb download And last month 3 times. Drivers are updated on system, fully patched OS, graphics card drivers updated, and 64gb ram and plenty of cpu with a 3080 video card.
I have jumped through all of the hoops posted online and anything support has given me.

I have the a32nx installed and PMDG DC6. That is it in the community folder but prior to any install I nuke the files in there to help insure no conflict.

1 Like

As of 20:54 PDT on 09/16/2021, I’ve been able to download all content and updates. Bandwidth ranged from ~17Mbits to ~80Mbits, throughout. Total download time took about 4.5 hours (give or take).

1 Like

you’re lucky, I’ve been mostly at 44mbit(peak should be about 60), but most of the download was at 14mbit
I’m at 97gb at 10mbit now…
been downloading since 8AM, so 17hours, with some more left(cant wait to see how long it’ll take to download the ingame content)…

Same on my end. All good now. Seems to be fixed. Downloading with roughly 250 Mb/s.

My Computer is on the las four day and only goes to 60 MB Them Back to 0 in a Loop a right pain useing more electricity than the Game costed

Tbh I’ve had problem with looping package downloads since release. Worked around this by artificially limiting the bandwidth the game can use on my connection by 10% with netlimiter app and it resolved it for me

@GenBrienYQB I found that I was ~40Mbit for a lot of the early packages. The last couple files were huge ones, but that is when it bumped up to ~80Mbits. Sorry that yours took so long. I have a fiber optic connection, not sure if it made too much of a difference since a lot of the issues seemed to be on the Microsoft/Asobo server side.

finally server issue solve. i able to download all the file 117Gb within 4 hrs without speed downloading limiter. happy to get fly again

Just launch game with admin rights on .exe. It always worked on my Windows store version. Can’t confirm for Steam version

Mon MFS est toujours dans une boucle ça ne c est toujours pas résolu

Yep, same problem. Tried every suggestion for days now and endless attempts to download the 17GB file and it just loops at the end. Extremely frustrating. I am at my wits end with this. Actually requested a refund twice now on Steam and was denied. I’m going to escalate this debacle to Fair Trading complaints here in Australia. Microsoft, this is a disgrace!

1 Like

je ni arrive tjrs pas a installer, l’installation se bloque tjrs sur fs-base-0.1.196.fspatch002

j ai trop envie de reprendre les commende mais malheureusement je ne pas

Despite the MS post (cf: “[SOLVED] Download loops”) saying this is now fixed, it isn’t - for me at least. I’ve tried all the user-posted fixes, e.g
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel
remove plugins
run netlimiter
etc

What can be so hard about writing a utility to download zipped remote content, validate it, then decompress and install it? How can it be acceptable not to fix a broken version of it in a commercial product for weeks on end, thereby entirely bricking users’ installs?

It amazes me that such an incredible piece of technology as MSFS is, is currently unusable for want of a working file downloader util. Please Asobo can you address this again?? Your fix doesn’t work in all circumstances.

Thanks

4 Likes

Mine got corrected with the MS server fix ( not sure what it was but the looping stopped for me) and the last patch solved my CTD issues for the most part. Like you, I tried everything posted to the community and didn’t have any luck. May be drastic, but have you entertained an uninstall and reinstall? Maybe Russian roulette but it could help…

Good luck in your endeavors!

Version 1.19.8.0 is installed but i can’t get v1.19.9.0 and the Sim doesn’t even start anymore.
After trying to start the Sim today nothing happened. So i figured, there might be an update available in the store.
This update then was stuck in loop. After trying the Xbox App, multiple restarts, logout from the Store … it said, the update was installed and the Sim is ready to go. But still nothing happens.
While trying to solve the update loop, i also changed the timezone and sync settings, i also made sure i have every windows update and i also removed the Commuity folder from the install path.

Still, no update, not even shown, neither in the Store, nor in the Xbox App and the Sim is just dead.

edit: I did also the Store repair and now also the MSFS repair in the Advanced Options (Add/Remove Apps). Still nothing.
edit 2: uninstalled Xbox App, Restart, Reinstall XBox App → next try → nothing → restart → next update try, still nothing.

Since WU6 and the bs with the Xbox App, the Updates on the Sim are a nightmare.
Absolutely annoying.

2 Likes

Same issue. Can’t play the game now because of the download loop. I hope MS comes out with a hot fix on this issue quick!!

1 Like

If everyone starts bombarding them with refund requests on Steam etc. they’ll soon acknowledge the problem. I’ll have to do it through Fair Trading complaint because the game has been installed for more than 12 months. It’s the principle though. No other game I own has this issue or complaints ignored for this long now.