Download Loop-Install Issues Still Present When Reinstalling Sim

I tested to download the blocking file but this time with ProtonVPN activated and pointing to the USA. Download speed is awful, but this time, the installer managed to go further.
I tried deactivating the VPN, it worked for a few files number but the same problem occurred for the next big mulit-part file.

Meanwhile, Microsoft gave me the same informations already found on their FAQs/Forums.
I replied to speak about VPN. Let’s see…

Update on my side:
after using ProtonVPN to download the problematic files, I disabled it to continue the downloading and it went well until the end…

Hard to find a reason and explanation to the problem…

Pain in the butt all working good till they mess with updates ive got big issues with stuck in loophole on Asobo 152 patch even taking out the file didnt help :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Capture

Shut of ipv6 protocol try downloading fixed it for me. Not sure why though. might help.

Ojpm3
Try this… I had the same issue downloading, I was able to get past the "STUCK/REPEAT " download and move onto loading the game.
Good Luck!

1 Like

Don’t do this unless you have some other device/software protecting you from the Internet. If you have a NAT firewall/router then this is likely okay, although it would leave your computer vulnerable from other devices on your internal network.

I have Windows Defender Firewall enabled, and have never had the looping download issue.

hobanagerik

I agree to device protection, however, I used this method and have now gotten my simulator to work without error.
I am confident this method work’s and I re-scanned for viruses and Malware immediately, resulting in nothing found.

I’ve tried with firewall protection both on and off (along with all the other suggestions to force this through) and nothing has worked for me.

Hi i was in the same position i tried everything even reinstalled the sim,even logged out and back in nothing worked slow download and loop hole problem also friend of mine had the same issue anyway leave your settings alone firewall wise and your ipv6 go on google download vpn windscribe only $2 a month and wow fast downloads and loop hole job sorted you don’t have to sign up for a yearly subscription just have it for a month but worth having the vpn anyway also worked on my friends pc too i think this loophole business must have been due to the slow download my internet speed is fast 100mbs so there was no problems my end from speed wise as i double checked with other downloads in games with also my lad playing on his xbox try it matey then let me no hope works out for you

Thanks for taking the time to help out, it’s always appreciated.

I managed to get it to download eventually but, weirdly, it seems it was the opposite of that problem. It suddenly dawned on me that I had changed one thing in my set up since last trying to use the sim. My internet service had gone from 200mb/s to 500mb/s and I’d read in various threads, posts etc about issues with fast broadband - at 200 I’d never had any problems but at 500 I was so I tried Netlimiter and throttled it back to 100mb/s (just to be sure.) It went through with no problem.

Unfortunately and for the first time since I started I’m getting regular crashes, not CTDs but the sim failing to respond requiring a task kill. So, I’ve left it loaded up but will wait for further updates before I try again - shame, I’m going to miss my morning flights before work…great way to start the day!

Thanks again for trying to help out.