Downloaded aviator liveries (and other removed content) even though I have previously uninstalled them

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and add-ons?

N/A

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

N/A

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

N/A

Are you using DLSS?

N/A

Brief description of the issue:

Nearly 2GB of aviator liveries downloaded even though I uninstalled them in the past.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and peripheral set up:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes, but it is all default packages I have removed priror SU13B, like the flight tutorials and so.

To save some Disk Space I have removed default content like flight totorials and so on via the Content Manager.

Not just liveries, it downloaded handcrafted airports again too.
I had to go through my payware list to check which ones for duplicates

I’ve modified the title to include that other content is being erroneously downloaded as indicated by the 2 posters above…

1 Like

got about 74.7 GB update prompt, turns out its asking to redownload the content that i mostly already been disabled from content manager. glad i do have a backups for the packages from the list of .fscontent folder

turns out its downloading most of the default aircraft and its liveries back even though you already have it disabled from content manager before.

on the bright side, probably dev wanting us to check all the default aircraft for any apparent bugs :heart:

YES

Packages uninstalled prior SU13 Beta via Content Manager (some tutorials and liveries) were downloaded and installed again during SU13 Beta installation

Yes

Yes

About 60GB of additional packages I previously uninstalled (Activities, Aircraft, Scenery)

Yes. Simply install BETA

Brought back almost all the packages I removed INCLUDING airports I disabled. Very painful

Glad I saw this before updating. Thanks to those that took the plunge and reported it on the forum. Hopefully it gets fixed.

Same here, got the aviators and xbox liveries back :pensive:

Its (re-)downloading everything I had already removed…

If this effects others, especially people with slow connections and/or bandwidth caps and/or hard drive space issues , they are going to be very :angry:

Screenshot of TNCM not installed but being downloaded anyway…

If this is the reason, it’s ok with me - just need the clarification as I don’t recall this happening with previous SU betas!

In my case, it also downloaded all the airports that I removed when I purchased 3rd party versions. I needed to go back and delete those as well. Was a good waste of an hour. Hope they fix.

well that makes one of us. if its not on my drive, its because i dont want it there. and no, it didnt happen with other updates

1 Like

maybe THIS is the surprise that Jorg Promised us in the last Q&A. Some Boneus content ?

I was watching the filenames as AU13 beta installed in utter disbelief, and waiting to see if the latest Microsoft Web Browser ( GOLD) was going to be bundled, and forced to Install, – MSFS GOLD Edition

I think I’m gonna sit this one out, maybe on a later iteration, the updater will be slimmed down to just the content I have, rather than throwing everything but the kitchen sink on my drives

This is whacky:

I had, originally, enrolled both my laptop and desktop in the beta.

I un-enrolled my desktop, but left my laptop enrolled.

On neither of these machines did I have Asobo’s KLAX, KSEZ, TNCM installed.

Yesterday, I did a flight on the desktop and, in the afternoon, did some further beta testing on the laptop.

This AM I launched the desktop and got the Mandatory installation of KLAX, KSEZ and TNCM.

Yes, the desktop isn’t enrolled in the beta, but why did it get this Mandatory update?

Is there still an aspect of SU13 beta’s installed content manifest being synched to the cloud even though there is a change to prevent deleting add-ons on one machine’s installation deleting them on another? Did the launch of the sim on my laptop (beta) affect the launch of the sim on my desktop (non-beta)?

What triggered the Mandatory update?

Something doesn’t seem quite right here.

EDIT:

It did it to me again.

Neither desktop (release) nor laptop (beta) have KLAX, KSEZ & TNCM installed.

I was testing on the beta yesterday. I just launched the release version on my desktop just now and was given the Mandatory update and had to install the three airports.

Again, I don’t understand this. Why, if they aren’t installed on either version of the sim and the beta no longer is meant to control the install of other machines, am I getting this forced installation?

Can confirm this is fixed for me on latest beta version.

1 Like

Closed as fixed in Sim Update 13: Release Notes - Sim Update 13 [1.34.16.0] Available Now