Downloader keeps resetting to 0% if you have certain router models

I have to say that I had far less problems while the Alpha and Beta testing took place. The “final” release was ok for 2 weeks until the Patch was released.

I think they rushed too much for the release and us, costumers, are paying the price of it.

1 Like

Have you downloaded the latest update from the Microsoft store as they released a patch a few days ago.

It’s almost ironic that you can read the Patch Notes above with their “fixed” installation issues. Downloading fs-base is a nightmare.
It’s sad to see that Assassins Creed: Odyssey downloaded over 90 GB of Game in just a few hours while FS doesn’t even consider to use the available bandwith

Yes, when uninstalled I followed the instructions from the patch, to go to the Microsoft Store, library and install from there.

No, han pasado 17 dias ya y nada… He intentado TODO. La unica solucion seria comprar un VPN y usarlo para descargar el juego, pero no puedo pagar uno. O encontrar a algien que tambien este descargando el juego desde otro pais, y que te pasen el file que no puedes descargar.

In what country are you? can you check if your ISP is using CenturyLink to provide the internet link.

Saludos

absolutely have tried the latest patch. Hasn’t made any difference. I spent a couple hours forensically deleting files going through the system to start a fresh install for the latest build and left it over night. Woke up to a fair chunk of waste data and no files downloaded other than the community and packages folder. I’m going to reformat my system and do a fresh install of windows. That’s the last thing I can think of to do. fingers crossed

1 Like

I’m in Australia and will check with my isp

I’ve been looking at the same for two weeks. 83 hours total just in the installer so far.

1 Like

Someone else did resort to re-installing windows and had the sim work after.

You could try running command prompt on your pc as an admin and run the command: sfc /SCANNOW see if it finds any corrupted files on your system which it will repair.

I just left my system last night for 9 hours… hoping that it would download some in the rare occasion it gets to 100% without resetting. Well it downloaded in the 9 hours… the same package again and again never finishing it, so 9 hours came to no progress none… so that’s it.

I will be back to try this game when I can actually download it.

1 Like

This may be something most of you have already checked, but just to be sure here are a few things you can try:

Good luck!

Yo probe con otro VPN y nada. solo me queda probar con alguna pc del algun amigo que este en Estados Unidos y con un FTP pasarme el folder completo de la descarga. Esto es imposible descargarlo. estoy en Republica Dominicana y tengo ya 7 dias en este proceso y no paso de 20 GB. Se queda atorado en algunos archivos :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

1 Like

Same issue, I was on Phone with Microsoft support last night and the tech told me there was not a fix and would have to wait a few weeks for updated patch. Asked for refund he submitted for me, but today was declined due to purchasing over 14 days. Yes I pre-ordered the deluxe version.

@RazaCrew781146 Reinstall Windows its not a option. i have an 8 days Build PC. My Windows its brand new and original. The version is 2004 Windows 10 PRO.

1 Like

I am afraid I won’t be able to have a refund, that will make me think about selling my hotmail account altogether with my Flight Simulator Premium edition deluxe for $30 less and get back to X Plane if MS can’t fix anytime soon.

Weird thing is that I live in Venezuela and the MS Servers Work fine with one of the ISPs and doesn’t work with mine. I tried with VPN and doesn’t work either.

Hey, I had the same issue… file download would go up a few % and then re-start over and over again. Lots of messing around, deleting everything over and over again but it always got stuck on the large file downloads… tried VPNs but when I did the downloads didn’t even start. Long story short, I figured out it was something to do with the way it downloads the files, perhaps the software saturates the network adaptor etc? I then installed some software to limit the download speed and straight away everything is downloading perfectly… I have approx 6MB/s second download, I used NetLimiter to limit the download to 4.5MB/s (started low and increased )and it’s been downloading 70gb perfectly since.

3 Likes

Thank you!

BTW, I think I found what is going on with the download. Right now managed to make it work.

I really don’t play Xbox neither have other games. So I opened a new Xbox live account and that’s what made it work. It seems that MS has a glitch in their servers, it somehow blocks a Xbox ID.

Microsoft and Asobo should have debugged Xbox live or figure out another way to deliver the files to the gamers.

Saludos

Success finally. Long story short my problem was a CDN used by Microsoft in North America (LA to be exact) and my ISP who gets traffic from this location for Australia. My Brother spent a few hours going through whirlpool forums where he found when the failure occurred.

ended up routing to another server and boom the sim downloaded without having to turn off firewalls or running as administrator.

1 Like

Downloaded after routing around the failed server in Las Angeles. MY brother did a deep dive as he couldn’t find anything wrong with my system. He spent about 6 hours on it as he was determined to make it wok without VPN’s or any of the othe conflated work arounds. Apparently the server should have been repaired by now but my ISP was having technical issues after the failure on the 18th of August of the CDN the use in the US (10GiB) an upgrade was/is being done on behal of Microsoft as it was confirmed the sheer traffic volume killed it.

2 Likes