Dreadful performance

I didnt mean the issue is with the CPU, I meant the frame is due to CPU getting hammered more (for some reason, specifically manipulators increasing an extra 10ms).

I have no idea what manipulators does, some say cockpit interaction, some say 3d object loading. It also looks like manipulators is part of the main thread (or at least blocking the main thread for some reason).

iā€™ve been read many reviews about the ryzen5 5600x, and itā€™s a great cpu with better single core performance than 10900k, but i donā€™t know what caused this, itā€™s so strange.

Just tried the same on my 3080, but i7-7820X, no issues, almost everything ultra, except I use High texture quality (remember to restart game after changing this!) and 125 for terrain LOD and 150 for object LOD. Also running at 3440x1440 (but that should not matter).

Do you have manual cache for the area maybe?

thanks for you test, i donā€™t know how to manual cache the data, the rolling cache is on and cache limit is set to 8G, it havenā€™t gone beyond that yet. one thing is sure, when the fps drops, ā€œManipulatorsā€ becomes yellow which means itā€™s heavier than before, i donā€™t know what caused this.

same post within that thread and the hints within are so useless that we need a new thread ? :flushed:

sorry for that, iā€™m new to this forum, since no one replied me then i decide to start a new thread, if this one is not allowed, i can remove it.

itā€™s just bit confusing and not usefull :slight_smile:

I former looked at your video, but it was not so different what other users already reported. Therefore might be you not got a special answer ( in special for ā€œlimited by main threadā€ exist lots of threads ).

There are so many factors which impact the performance. In special seems the topic ā€œnetworkā€ since latest update have an high impact.

But of course there are also points like the absolutly horrible nvidia drivers for 30xx users ( try a 457.xx ) and other possible driver reasons.

The Rolling Cache ( not manualy ) is often also an issueā€¦ I understood you have it at default 8Gigā€¦ possible try to remove / re-create themā€¦ or try disabling if your internet bandwith is high enough.

Andā€¦ make a test-flight in another areaā€¦ not all are same :slight_smile:

Not really, that other thread is about performance in general. This one is rather specific and would be nice if someone with the same setup can repro. In the other thread this info will just get lost.

@SunnyMo1987 See if it becomes better if you turn off road and sea traffic. Maybe try a flight without photogrammetry.

1 Like

yesā€¦ I meant in my sentence the former post ( the other thread ) :slight_smile: ā€¦ the video is the same, therefore I had this video in mind and wondered me a bit :wink:

thanks for the suggestion, i tried once again with almost every setting to the lowest and turned off all traffic settings. still the same, the fps drops from 110 to 55, almost half of it. i think itā€™s not an ordinary performance issue, it really sucks. please watch my second video: https://youtu.be/F7yv8rRBuM8

yes, not every airport causes fps drop, but even with the lowest setting, the fps drop still happens. please watch another video i did just now. i think itā€™s not a common performance issue.

I thought it could maybe be caused by FAUNA POIā€™s, but there are none near there and it will also not recover if that was the issue.

You can check for this from the dev menu, Show Sim Objects. Mine shows about 160 in unknown (but those are just jetway info), but rest of the numbers are all < 10.

See if the numbers suddenly increase when you see the FPS drop.

Wish I could help more.

i opened Sim Objects, unknown objects keeps at 156 and rest are < 10, even if the fps dropped, so this should not be the reason, thanks anyway.

1 Like

Have you tried with other planes? Try something simple like the Savage Cub and then with say TBM too.

yes, tried many planes, still the same. but in some other simple airports, this wonā€™t happen, i donā€™t get it.

as sayā€™dā€¦ lot of users reported, that the settings of low,medium,high makes no difference.

1 Like

i trid reinstall the whole sim, a clean install, and leave every thing to default, even just install without any extra package, the problem remains.

If itā€™s an consolation it took me:

1. System Restore to before the problem happened = no difference
  2. Reinstall MSFS = no difference
  3. Windows 10 then MSFS reinstall = no difference
  4. Windows 10 again and then MSFS again = back to normal.
    Go figure that out if you can. Worrying thing is that even though Iā€™m back to normal, not knowing what went wrong means the issue may still be lurking and that kind of spoils the whole feel of playing MSFS.
1 Like

thanks for that, iā€™m gonna keep the current until they have a patch for it. it takes me the whole night to download the game because of my bandwidth. i donā€™t know if itā€™s the issue of the ryzen 5000 series or just me, could it be better on intel?

I flew over the same area as you in Tokyo, I do not experience the fps drop and im on a ryzen 3600 so I doubt it will be better on Intel. Thereā€™s just a lot of problems in the engine code in my opinion.