Drinking while flying

Obvious ethical gray area here, to put it most mildly, but - anyone else couple their MSFS routine with cocktails at the end of the night? I think it’s the most relaxing activity, and usually after a beer or two in the evening is when I feel most compelled to get behind the yoke (of the simulator!)

Obviously kind of a touchy subject maybe, as alcohol and real-life aviation NEVER mix.

Anyone else enjoy the procedural and sight-seeing elements of this sim after having enjoyed an adult beverage?

14 Likes

I’ve been known to partake every now and then. Coffee and Dr Pepper… nothing better!

14 Likes

Ooooooh, yeah! The Free Mexican Air Force is flying tonight!

3 Likes

so many way this could go wrong… and it has! LOL.

1 Like

Well, that escalated quickly! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

A nice glass of red whilst simming is very enjoyable but always observed the 24 hour rule in the real world as P1. Normally it’s just a few cups of coffee for me.

1 Like

I prefer just to say “I’m redefining the mile HIGH club”

11 Likes

Does regular coffee count?

2 Likes

Tea and Hobnobs!

3 Likes

Beer cans and a VR headset can present some challenges, especially after you’ve managed to locate the first few well enough to be able to finish them off. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Can’t fly without coffee, even if it’s 11pm

2 Likes

Use a straw…

3 Likes

One time, after returning from the pub after a few beers, I decided to fly for a while before going to bed. The whole flight took a very long time, I couldn’t understand why…

On approach, I realised that I had been flying the whole flight with the flaps down :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

LOL

…or fashion an adapter, like one of those caps with a container either side and a straw from each? ;p

I wonder if any of the VR headset manufacturers have that on their list of future modifications. Beat Sabre would be a riot :wink:

I fly so much better when I’m drunk! And that applies to pretty much everything else in life, too!

1 Like

:rofl: you’re not the only one!

2 Likes

4 jacks and coke and ill be having fun doing LAX-NRT obviously by mid flight im on my 2nd bottle but welcome to the aviation industry :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I remember the old beer hats from the 90’s… a new VR game, BeerSabre!

3 Likes

Now, we just need to lower the ambient air pressure to about 9000ft to really get the effects… LOL Get myself a hyperbaric chamber for drink in the flightsim

1 Like

last night three whiskies after takeoff it seemed the uk coast wasn’t getting any closer so I had another whiskey to make my thinking clearer and realised that I had the sim paused since I had second one. Oh well. :scream:

8 Likes