Drone Camera Speed - Too slow

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
No
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
Until Sim Update 4 it was possible to change Drone speed, to make it faster. Now it seems changing the speed settings won’t affect the drone camera speed.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam
Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
No

Before the update, you could move the point in the slider and change the speed of the camera. After the update, this has no effect. However, you can click in the slider bar at the desired point and thus change the speed of the camera.
I found this out by chance.

1 Like

I will try that later today. If it works, it will be a temporary fix for the issue. But I hope they fix it when possible.

Yes there appears to be a bug in the freelook speed setting. The slider now does nothing (will have to try out the suggestion of clicking directly).

I have found another temporary fix which I have put in another post about this:

For anyone else experiencing this issue I found that if you change it to 100% it does nothing and it stays at the default speed but if you change it back to 50% and then wait a second and change it back to 100% then I get the correct 100% speed

Hopefully it can be raised to the developers to fix whatever was broken in SU5.

Please give it a try and let me know if it works for you

4 Likes

You’re the man. I was going crazy with this and your discovery of clicking on the speed bar works. Thank you very much. You should post this bug on the Zen desk so that Asobo can address it.

This workaround worked for mebut it’s a mess. Why there isn’t possibility to save default drone speed and you must set it manually everytime you start game.

2 Likes

I was about to create this exact topic and yours came up.
So it is indeed a thing

I can confirm the speed isn’t fixed.