Drone (Showcase) camera needs additional options

Drone (Showcase) camera needs an additional follow mode. The “DRONE FOLLOW MODE” should toggle between:

1. OFF - current behaviour where the drone does not follow your plane, can be moved around by user input (wsadrf46 etc), does not move around by itself without any user input
  2. FREE - current behaviour where it follows your plane, can be moved around by user input (wsadrf46 etc), moves around by itself without any user input.
  3. FIXED - new behaviour which really is the expected behaviour, where it follows your plane, can be moved around by user input (wsadrf46 etc) but doesn’t move around without any user input

With the current FREE follow mode it makes it hard to take screenshots, for example:
When I’m flying and switch to the drone camera I then move the drone camera to inside of the aircraft that I’m flying and position it to where I want using wsadrf46 and when I’ve got it to where I want I stop pressing any keyboard keys but then the drone camera will continue to bob up and down and move left and right.

Initial position after I stop pressing keyboard keys:

A short while later the drone camera is now outside of the aircraft even though I haven’t pressed any keyboard or yoke inputs:

The drone fixed cameras behave as expected. You click on the down arrow next to FIXED CAMERA and then scroll down and click on one camera from EXTERNAL 1 to EXTERNAL 12. They show a viewing position:

and when you bank the aircraft to the right the view follows your aircraft movement while keeping the same viewing position:

The problem is the FREE CAMERA → CAMERA DRONE with DRONE FOLLOW MODE set to ON. You position the drone to your desired viewing angle:

then you press c to control the aircraft and then when you bank the aircraft to the right the drone does not follow your aircraft movement:

So in addition to the new proposed FIXED DRONE FOLLOW MODE another toggle should be added MATCH AIRCRAFT MOVEMENT which when turned on should match exactly what the aircraft is doing e.g. when you bank right the drone banks right so that it keeps the same viewing angle that you originally set up.

Also even on the slowest possible DRONE SPEED of 2.00 the drone moves too much either left/right, up/down, forward/backward even when you tap wsadrf for the briefest moment of time, it moves approximately 1m so there needs to be a DRONE STEPPING SIZE slider that goes from 0.00m to 1.00m so that tapping wsadrf for the briefest moment of time the drone will move that far.

This will make taking screenshots as well as making recordings a whole lot easier especially when you position the drone camera inside the aircraft.

feedback-logged to zendesk, request #150887

It’s not the drone oscillating around, it’s the plane (as it would in real life due to air currents etc).

I wouldn’t want to see this realism removed, however, a user controlled switch as proposed would probably make everyone happy.

I’ve edited the first post to propose a few more options and so I renamed this wishlist thread to reflect this.