Drzewiecki Design – KDCA Washington National Airport

Fairly nice addon this one. I bought the same one for KDCA from the same developer for X Plane.

Two problems with the latest version:

1. Only some of the jetways are working.
  2. There are static aircraft parked and the devs said they cannot be removed with the MSFS store version.

The second one is a real problem for me as I prefer to use AIG.

Where does this get installed on the file system (non steam PC version) ?

Update for XBOX users, KDCA was causing crashes for me in SU9 and SU10. Reinstalled it again and now it works great. Was flying around EVERYWHERE (helis now) up and close with no issues. The animated Metro no longer causes any issues.

Both animated trains also work now (they just sat there before) crossing the Potomac, I think that may be part of the Washington DC package though? With my SoCo birds, a lot more traffic from MP and Live(or AI), it’s quite the site to fly around. Haven’t tried any of my 3rd party aircraft, but it seems to be fine now with SU11, at least with the 407. Can’t believe a console can run this so well.

2 Likes

I just bought this airport on sale in marketplace. Oh wow. One of the most impressive airport I’ve seen so far, great night lighting, moving escalators a moving train service, flashing police car lights. Even peoples background chatter at busy gates. It’s worth buying this just to go look around the terminals. What an amazing piece of airport scenery, and close to central DC for sightseeing in a heli. Completely blown away with it. I can’t think of anywhere more detailed internally other than maybe Aerosoft’s EBBR.

1 Like

Make sure you get adjacent Washington DC with it, it’s a very comprehensive package, even including Andrews AFB, Potomac bridges, pentagon, lots of stuff.

2 Likes

Cheers will do.

Good to know. It was causing massive stability issues for me around the same time (SU9/10) and I uninstalled. Will have to check it out again.

1 Like

KDCA is one of my favorites. Very nicely done and unlike KMDW, I don’t see any significant frame rate hit. Now if I could just manage to nail the river visual approach, all would be well.

3 Likes

It was even looing good with FSLTL AI traffic last night. Even a few landings. Downside was all the AI throttling at 100% N1 so it was WAY TOO noisy. Sad that SU11 added that problem in.
Fantastic airport to watch ai traffic though, lots of it and you can sit at the gate with other people watching through the glass. It felt alive. Maybe just missing a few animated people. That was my only gripe the people are a bit too low poly, but it is more than a year and a half old.

I’ve spent many a RL layover doing the same thing. Great plane watching, especially with the capitol in the background. It’s one of my favorite spots for a layover (as long as you aren’t flying in on SWA, those flights get stuck in the horrid Terminal A which isn’t connected to the remainder (nice) section of the airport.

1 Like

That’s cool. Is that terminal the one way off to the right? I love how all the terminals/gates have been modelled though. But yes the main one is the most visually appealing one.

Gravely Point at KDCA is one of the best places to watch aircraft when they are coming in from the north on the Potomac approach.

Yeah, that terminal is at the far (south) end of the complex. I think it has gates 1-7? It’s a crowded POS and in order to connect with the “nice” terminal, you have to leave the secure area and go through TSA again. The detail inside the main terminal is amazing. One of the TV’s at a bar had CNN on, news flash - Biden has a small lead over Trump but the election is to close to call.

1 Like

That place is amazing. I’m literally nervous to kick a soccer ball in the air, in case it hit’s one of the incoming jets. Best place I’ve been to for upclose plane watching but the steady diet of A320’s and 737’s with a small number of ERJ/CRJ’s gets a bit old.

That 40th anniversary marketplace sale got pulled down quite quickly. Bought some airports at the weekend, then one yesterday morning then it was completely pulled yesterday by 6/7pm(GMT/UT). It was quite good discounts though.
What’s next Black Friday deals?

1 Like

If you’re a PC user, I just got an email a few minutes ago from JustFlight that Drzewiecki Design products are 50% off for Black Friday. I think the only major product of theirs for the sim I want but don’t yet have is the DC Landmarks. Might be time to pick it up.

1 Like

I just picked this up and it looks stunning…

Only issue is that the jetways aren’t working. I guess this is a known issue? Anybody know if they are working on a fix for this? It’s kind of a big issue…

Still for $9 I guess I can live with it.

1 Like

I picked this up already. I haven’t done a 1 to 1 comparison with default scenery around DC, but it’s not bad.
One slight annoyance with KDCA is an animated aircraft that continually gets pushed out from a gate, doesn’t depart and gets pushed back in like it’s on a permenant loop. Marginally annoying. Other than that 9/10 for me.

I haven’t really tested all the gates @Deelee6800 how many have you tried maybe only some are enabled.

I bought their Tokyo Narita two weeks ago. Also recommended. They make awesome sceneries.

2 Likes

I actually spent time today and tested ALL the gates. Here are the ones with working jetways at KDCA:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 17, 10, 11, 14, 21, 29, 41, 39

All others do not work. Would be great to have this fixed sooner than later.

A bit off topic, but does anyone have a list of working vs. non-working jetways at KMDW? I was thinking about grabbing that one, too. The price is right.

5 Likes

Useful to know thanks. I really like this airport. Great for just watching FSLTL AI traffic at, usually quite a busy place too. Or it was until SU11 interrupted landings, but flights do still arrive. Night time lighting textures definitely a highlight.