Drzewiecki Design – KDCA Washington National Airport

I have this one too it is excellent. EPKK Kraków is also nice (smaller, but includes a close by city airstrip with an aircraft museum and some downtown buildings too.) I don’t have KMDW not sure I’d fly into it too much, also its ratings were less I think, not sure though.

1 Like

I skipped KMDW as many people are complaining about its performance impact and Chicago area has always been rough to my rig even without any addon airport (except premium deluxe KORD).

1 Like

It’s not too bad for me, even with the companion Chicago City Landmarks collection. And it does look fantastic.

Sorry, back to topic. KDCA is the most gorgeous airport I own for the sim for sure, and well worth buying. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It was a heck of a lot more interesting in the 70’s 80’s, and a LOT louder. You’d have everything from GA to 757’s, and they used both runways a ton.

I didn’t make it to that park until the era of today’s jets. That being said, lots of memories of watching those old dino-jets flying out of Logan. On a hot summer day, those 727’s seemed to use every inch of runway. Lots of noise, lots of smoke - good stuff indeed!

Hey Lefty - for those pics of Midway, how did you manage to get SWA ground servicing equipment present? I despise those ■■■■■■ PMDG units but I can’t figure out how to replace them. Nice shots BTW…

That’s GSX:

1 Like

My jetways aren’t working anymore at KDCA since update 11 to the sim. Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?

See this ref above in this thread-

1 Like

yeah i do have issues with this as well

Does anyone have issues with ATC at this airport? Where as you’re on final approach or taxiing, ATC communication voices get muted and it becomes inoperable?

Is anyone else experiencing this really loud engine/motor sound while parked at the gate with this addon? I have now experienced this at several gates. latest gate C31. Sitting in the cockpit, it sounds like there is a really loud truck sitting outside the cockpit. The noise is washing out the general aircraft noises.
Pretty sure this didnt always happen with this addon. Also tried reinstalling and emptying community folder.
Bought this add on in the MS store. not sure if that would matter. But curious if others are having this issue. Otherwise really enjoy this addon, but this sound is hurting the immersion.

Yeah, I’ve experienced this as well but I can’t recall if it’s new. Been a few mo the since I did a flight into DCA and I recall hearing it. Went away as I backed away from the terminal if I recall correctly.

I spent a lot of time going over every single inch of this airport(it’s my closest to home IRL). Now in SU15 and running 120HZ on XBSX this thing is butter smooth. It had gotten bad in both SU9(had issues with animated options) and again in SU14, so bad I had to dump the city. So being so smooth I went looking for ‘burps’.

I found that around the gates there are 6 or so baggage loader animations with sound. At about 100-150 from them it laggs horribly for a second, then the sound dumps in. There’s a little animated dude at each one that just bobs up and down(doesn’t load anything). 120hz is allowing some powering through of what would be CTD/BS issues. Sure enough, every time I leave them by a few hundred yards and come back same thing happens. They are strategically placed around the gates so you pretty much are either pulling into or taxiing past them if you are following the ‘rules’. There’s also a bucket crane and APU with sound at the very northern end that does it too near the blast sheild. It pops in VERY late(with the ERJ).

Anywhere else, including following the metro at 35KT in a Shock 2’ from the wingtip, zero issues. If you’re getting issues at the gates in or out, it’s likely it’s one of these objects that starts the issues in motion. It could just be the sound files. If it were changed to static without sound, you’d never know it(if you’ve even noticed).

I spawn in the cargo area, roll up to that first one at the Southwest 737 and it’s like I stuck my finger in a socket for a second.

And in SU15 Beta the city is full back up and working with it

I’ll screen grab one of these loaders and the truck/apu and upload.

1 Like