Dual COMMs Support

No fix in this update…Hopefully the next one.

I reported this to zendesk a few days ago when I poked at the issue and figured out what the problem is, so naturally it is not in this update.

I think this could also be fixable in the WorkingTitle G1000 project, but the audiopanel code seems to be in some kind of XML files with some programming logic, at least on the Asobo C152 if someone wants to poke at it. I am not very familiar with how that stuff works either.

1 Like

i’m sure it’s super annoying for the controllers, i keep having to ask for a frequency change to grab atis. hopefully somebody finds a fix soon

1 Like

If needed, I check ATIS during ATC handoffs. A pilot is not required to perform a handoff within a certain amount of time.

sure but they should just fix the issue

Just a quick FYI - using vPilot with the A320 FBW mod, if you select BOTH com2 and com3 buttons, it will monitor com2 on vPilot (to be able to check atis). Worth checking to see if this works for the FBW in pilotedge or in any other audio panels that have a third com select (or create a keystroke combination to do the same).

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, but we’re looking for a fix, not a workaround. The com3 button should have nothing to do with this. Ironically, using the COM3 button worked with several of the G1000 aircraft for a few days when Microsoft likely released a silent update over a month ago, but then it stopped working several days later.

Again, we appreciate the creativity, but we need things to work realistically.

Definitely agree Kevin.

1 Like

Is this THE Dr. Brad Podd from years back??

Well, checking for each radio’s audio setting separately would be a realistic approach for vPilot and pilotedge and ivao clients to implement, because not all audio panels have a BOTH button on real life either.

Either way, a lot of add-ons have traditionally expected the BOTH to work, so it would be good that it got fixed in the sim too…

1 Like

Thank you! Using Logitech (Saitek) hardware, I was able to map COM_RECEIVE_ALL to buttons, and this does allow me to transmit and hear COM1 while also hearing COM2 (or vice versa). Great solution for the time being!

2 Likes

Indeed… howdy!

1 Like

please do this

1 Like

Keep voting, everyone! We’re right on the edge of the top 25.

1 Like

To truly experience comms… comm 1 and 2 are necessary for flying like us who do fly in the real world talking to Approach / Center while listening to ATIS for the weather on comm 2 so we don’t miss any instructions on comm 1 from ATC. Or how about comm 1 failure? Listen to PilotEdge, they are the best flight sim ATC.

Microsoft time to get this right.

Dual Comms is basic functionality for a modern aircraft, please either support it in the default aircraft or enable 3rd party devs to add it easily.

I do this all the time. I’m really confused. Which aircraft is this a problem?
It certainly works on the C172 G1000, and the Bonanza. If I press both com1 and com2 buttons, I can monitor both whatever is in comm1 (typically ground or approach) and on comm2 (I’ll tune atis on comm2, then press the com2 button and listen to it. If something comes on the other radio, I hear it, too). Maybe this problem has been fixed? I don’t remember it not working. Granted I am using the Working Title G1000 mod, is that what fixed it?

On the PilotEdge live ATC network? As of at least last week the Skyhawk g1000 was definitely not functioning properly when it came to the comms. Can’t imagine any others were either.

1 Like

Oh, I misunderstood. In game both comms work. What your’re saying is, on live networks it doesn’t. I haven’t tried anything like that yet.

Correct. The in-game automated ATC is fairly worthless when trying to take a sim seriously. Give PilotEdge’s real ATC a shot (it’s even great without dual comms :wink: )

1 Like