Duckworks Dc-3 Startup Help

I’m trying to learn how to start up the Duckworks DC-3. I’m following along with this tutorial: (2) New REALISTIC Engine Start Procedures! | Duckworks DC-3 Improvement Mod v0.1.8+ for MSFS - YouTube

I’m stuck on clicking the “engine primer”. I don’t have an up arrow when hovering over it, it’s just a mouse finger, and when I click nothing happens. any idea? Again, clicking the right engine primer button doesn’t do anything (the switch doesn’t move always, sometimes it flicks up and down)

Update: I got it to work, the click spot is very small and in the bottom-left corner, but once you find it you need to then click and HOLD with the mouse for like 10 seconds for the engine to catch. very tricky

2 Likes

I’ve been a bit confused on the timing and operation of the primer switches, so this post was helpful. The Duckworks checklist really doesn’t say to HOLD the primer switch, but I was never able to get the primer switches to latch with the DW mod. After watching several YouTube videos, both MSFS and IRL, I found this one: (4) Starting Radial Engines with Buffalo Joe | DC-3 MASTER CLASS - YouTube. During the startup, the added text in video says to “hold” the primer switch, so I think this is accurate. Perhaps having non-latching switches for the primers prevents over-priming? Or, at least, reduces the risk of doing so accidentally.

1 Like