Dune Expansion and Atreides Royal Ornithopter

The Dune Expansion for Microsoft Flight Simulator is available now as a FREE download from the in-sim Marketplace!

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. To report any bugs or issues, please start a new topic in the appropriate section of the forum and use either the dune-expansion tag (for issues related to the expansion activities) or atreides-ornithopter tag for issues related to the new aircraft. Please limit each bug report to one issue per topic.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

16 Likes

Should be interesting

The loading screens are a bit strange. I get the Dune thing “excitement”, but now it seems like I’ve loaded Dune Simulator instead of Flight Simulator.

22 Likes

don’t worry, that s just for a short time … I remember having such feeling whith the pelican

5 Likes

Microsoft Flight Simulator is now officially Microsoft Dune Simulator

7 Likes

What’s the size of the Dune expansion?

I’ve been stuck on “Please Wait” popup for the last 15 minutes, anyone else had this behavior?

3 Likes

Looks to be 4.51GB based on my download. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Go ahead and close out the simulator and re-open it through the task manager :slight_smile: That should fix it!

Cheers and let me know if I can help further!

2 Likes

Thanks! Smaller than I expected.

1 Like

Why not make this an optional update for those who want it?

Many of us have no interest in this franchise, and I for one don’t know what it has to do with MSFS in the first place.

37 Likes

According to Seedy’s screenshot above, it looks to be an optional download from the marketplace like World Updates.

Cheers! :airplane:

4 Likes

It is optional and it’s not an update. It is an addon.

3 Likes

Hello @AnubisKhan9007,

The Dune Expansion is an optional Marketplace download. If this is not something you are personally interested in, then you can simply choose to not install it and never use it.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

28 Likes

Thanks. Didn’t read that way from user reports, I haven’t logged in yet today to see for myself.

Cheers

I suppose the release of this shows why all the colours in the sim are far too warm and orange.

3 Likes

you will just receive a short update wich just change the start ui to advice you a new activity is available, then, the ornithopter isn’t installed by it s own

The expansion is cool and it’s great that it’s optional. However, the startup/loading screens are also Dune themed which I understand is quite off-putting. This is not a world update. People who are absolutely not interested in this marketing deal now have to see this fantasy theme every time.

I would argue it was unnecessary and it goes a bit too far. Microsoft Flight Simulator should stay committed to its core values and not allow marketing take its presentation over so completely.

Please don’t do this next time. Leave the startup screens dedicated to Sim/World updates.

47 Likes

Well, such marketing deals are the reason for the simulator being developed further and still being expanded. Part of the deal is more than likely prominent product placement for some rather limited time.

20 Likes

100% not interested, give me back my usual screens

22 Likes