Dune expansion not regestering landings

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No.

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

The only add-on installed is the Dune expansion.

Brief description of the issue:

When landing the ornithopter in any of the dune tutorials / challenges, it does not register my landing at all. Issue occurs on both my Linux laptop and my Windows Desktop.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Ignore my rough landing, I’ve had cleaner attempts but I still have the issue.

Expected behavior:
https://youtu.be/CQKtraWhX04?si=ZF5-SLCMB1R6AVhE&t=639

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Install MSFS, install Dune expansion, configure controls, run any Dune challenge / tutorial with a landing.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Laptop is a Framework (AMD 7840U, 32gb RAM) running Fedora 39, using Proton-GE 32. Desktop has an AMD 5600G CPU, RTX 3060 GPU, 32gb RAM, runs Windows.
Using an FrSky Taranis Q X7 over USB for input. It appears to the game as a regular Xbox controller, though I did have to make some unusual bindings in order to get it working. All settings and save data is synchronized between the two computers over Steam cloud / Xbox live.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Most recent at time of writing.
Update: Tried the version 15 beta and I am still having the issue.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Same issue exactly

Only mods installed as supplied by MS (no 3rd party and no unofficial mods). Running on VR with HP Reverb G2, VKB joystick, Thrustmaster throttle

Yes landings are not registering on Dune activities

No mods installed, only recently downloaded MSFS. Tried reinstalling Dune expansion to no avail.

Exactly same issue

No extra info

GUYS I FOUND THE FIX!!! Under “general options” I turned on “Bing Data World Graphics”, “Photogrammetry”, and “Live Weather”. BINGO BANGO!! ENJOY!!

Same here. Can’t complete any Dune challenge because no landing registration.

It seems that the altimeter is not correct, because landing challenge ask to maintain 1300 feets and I’m over 2500 and it is considered good.

I have looked into this issue further and have noticed multiple other bugs with the landing tutorial. I used the following video for reference as to what it should be like normally:
https://youtu.be/eShCV3FCx7A?si=T_LdepbjioN0ZZ3z&t=692

In the video, we can see that the ornithopter is started at a higher altitude than when I try it. When I run the landing tutorial it starts me either at a weird angle or so close to the ground that you can hear the landing gear scraping against the sand.

We can also see that the altimeter is behaving as it should, unlike when I run the landing tutorial. For me, it starts at ~2000 ft. In order to meet the “maintain an altitude of 1300 ft” objective, I have to climb to ~3500 ft, even though that is supposed to be above the flight ceiling of 3100 ft. This issue seems to be exclusive to the landing tutorial.

This last issue is also visible in the video in the original post; the landscape varies greatly from what can be seen in videos. The sand dunes are completely flat, and all the rocks are at the same elevation. Just compare my recording to this video:
https://youtu.be/CQKtraWhX04?si=ZMRb5jQeJee8z7Lr&t=192

I see that there are a few other people with the landing issue; could any of you check and see if you have these smaller issues as well?

I had those same issues as well @SlewedAuto6333 , and have the landing checkpoint issue.

@AmishFeetis this worked for me!

Didn’t like Dune so I uninstalled. Now when I boot up sim I still have to wait through a Dune preview. How do I remove it?

What are other people’s steps? Will see if I can figure out how to do a screen shot.

Had same issue , applied above steps, and it solved everything. Thank you !

Under “general options” I turned on “Bing Data World Graphics”, “Photogrammetry”, and “Live Weather”