DX11 to DX12 no CTD

I only fly VR & never had many CTD until two updates ago. This starting happening about 20 min into a flight. After the change I’ve taken a number of 1.5 -2 hrs.flights with no CTD.

1 Like

Interesting. I’ve not used DX12 since it was first enabled as a beta feature last summer. I’m not bothered about being bleeding edge so just went back to DX11 and its fine for me at the moment, bug might be worth another go.
I did see another thread recently asking when it was going to stop being a beta option and just be accepted as a production option, but I don’t think it had a response.

1 Like

Question is how much GPU side RAM (aka VRAM) do you have?

DX12 still is beta and has some issues on GPU RAM management. If you have not as much RAM you may end up with some CTD.

DX12 runs perfectly well on my system with 11GB of GPU RAM plus 64GB of regular DDR4 RAM.

3090TI, 24GB

I never saw much difference between them, even with my prior 2080TI, so I just left it at DX11 til now.

1 Like

I switched to DX12 about 2 weeks before the AAU1 update. It made a difference on my end. I’m running a 4090 24gb vram. I fly only in VR. When I switched over to DX12 and my FPS went up. Smoothness went up. Then they released this new update and destroyed everything I had achieved.

Did you clear out the DX shader cache after the update?

2 Likes

How and why do you need to do this? Thanks.

The shader cache is something you should always clear when you either; update you graphics card, update the driver, or update MSFS.

There might be better guides, but this was the first one that came up on my phone…

3 Likes

Fellow simmers, the issue is not with our computers or setting or Mods, it is an Asobo issue with the scenery rendering, I never had a crash before until this last update, after that, If I can load a flight, which is 1% of the time, it will crash when flying, can never complete flight, that is if it loads after hitting
FLY, usually it crashes to the desktop when it tries t load. I have submitted a ticket, so lets see what happens, but this issue is all over the forums and blogs, and I can not believe that Asobo have not fix this issue as of today. We simply can not fly. PLEASE FIX Asobo!!!

I think there are thousands of people who can fly which would suggest the problem is not with Asobo.