Easy to read gauges while flying?

Hello, I have been flying the stock Caravan during some landing Challenges (xBox) the last few hours, and I am wondering, is there a way to bring up larger instrument gauges in the cockpit windshield (like the ones seen on the external view)? The large HSI compass card in upper left corner is awesome, but wondering why that is the only instrument? It would make it a lot more fun to fly - especially from the couch when just having fun nailing landings in the mountains. As it stands now, I basically have to stand right in front of my TV to see the power setting and trim setting…never mind the propeller RPM. Thanks all

There are HUD settings. I’m not at home to see if they’d be useful though. Have you looked at those?

As @DashQuickly said,
Take a look under Options/Assistance options/user experience. Find "instrument heads-up display-cockpit and turn it on. Unfortunately, right now it only provides a minimal setting rather than a full HUD. But you might see if it helps.
Regards

1 Like

As far as I can tell, the HUD settings are for when using the External Camera view.

There should be two options for the HUD right next to each other. One for the external view, and one for the cockpit view. The cockpit “HUD” looks different from the external one, but does provide some additional information in boxes at the bottom of the screen (if I remember correctly!).
Regards

Unfortunately, those settings do not seem to work when flying in the Landing Challenges…you have to completely rely on the virtual cockpit…which is a bit frustrating because it makes flying precisely significantly harder than in real life when your eyes can quickly scan all the needed instruments.

1 Like

Yes, I have them On, but unfortunately they do not appear when flying any of the Landing Challenges. They will appear if just flying around otherwise

1 Like

Yeah I tried a landing challenge and see what you mean.