EDDS: ILS 25 is far off the center line

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

The ILS signal for EDDS ILS 25 is far off the center line. This was not the case with SU8.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes (with default NavBlue data)

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I can confirm that both ILS approaches at EDDS are misaligned to the right of the runway centerlines if default MSFS NavBlue nav data is used. However they are correct if Navigraph add-on nav data is used to replace the default NavBlue

1 Like

Tried this airport today. 25 is way off on approach, we are to the right of the runway and have to manualy correct before touchdown.

I noticed this bug last year, probably Nov/Dec WU6? time frame. EDDS R25 ILS lines you up perfectly with a parallel taxiway!
I thought it would have been fixed by now.:smirk:

Hi there. I had the same issue, and reported it here once before.

While I don’t have the link to hand, I can tell you I was pointed to a small add on that you put in your Community folder and it fixes the ILS offset. I think it was from Flightsim.to.

Hope you find it (or that Asobo fix it!!)

Mike

Apologies - here is the link for the fix Offset Localizer in Stuttgart, Germany (EDDS) - #41 by FoxMike1080

1 Like

Thanks for that, will give thus a try next time. Just surprised they haven’t fixed it yet. It’s nearly 6 months since WU6.

For default (non third party) airports in MSFS, the locations of localizers, and their orientation, are defined by the AIRAC nav data files, (updated monthly) which in the case of default MSFS are supplied by the outside company NavBlue.

They (NavBlue) are the ones who would have to fix it if indeed the error is in their data. The other possibility is that Asobo is introducing the error when they convert the ARINC424 master data files received from NavBlue into a format that can be used in the sim.

If you subscribe to Navigraph replacement nav data for MSFS, the two localizers at EDDS are aligned correctly with the runway centerlines. I have been using Navigraph since it first became available a few weeks after MSFS launched in 2020, as I have found that it is more accurate in many locations.

1 Like

I’m using Navigraph now and it is certainly great for the latest AIRAC updates, so maybe when I landed at EDDS last night it was already fixed and I don’t need the patch anyway. I wasn’t sure what got updated with Navigraph in the sim. Must try EDDS 25 again to see. When I noticed this bug originally I wasn’t using Navigraph.

I have not flown to EDDS myself, but looking at the localizers in LNM, they are definitely correct with Navigraph, but both are horizontally offset with default MSFS/NavBlue data. Navigraph should be the solution, but if this was reported 6 months ago via Zendesk, it really should have been fixed by now in the default nav data, either by NavBlue or by Asobo, (depending on the source of the error).

It has been reported to Zendesk multiple times even and still Not fixed. Quite annoying for Xbox simmers as there is no way to work around… other than to land manually. There’s also a bump on the runway (default Asobo EDDS) but that’s another story.

I am using navigraph and still have the issue. Navigraph is at the bottom of the content.xml…

Is R 07 bad as well or is it just R 25? I’ll need to try EDDS again using R 25. ATC vectored me in on 07 unfortunately and it was fine, but bI had the “fix” mod installed.
We could do with a technical explanation over what sets president with scenery and ILS.

It’s on 07 as well. You can see it already just having passed the well known “Waidacher Höhe”.

1 Like

Unable to reproduce.