Edgley Optica

Looking great so far!!

And poor dog if it was in the cockpit with my flying haha

2 Likes

I am sure it will be good too - but I appreciate your version and its development into a good flier with great views. Its weird frame-rate problem dissapeared with ASOBOs last sim update as well. (That affected some other 3rd party stuff on my rig - not just Optica: and probably didn’t affect ppl with other setups). I am keeping it - may or may not bother with that other one. Yours was well worth the donation and many thanks for it.

1 Like

No problem, the new one coming out, if it fancies your tastes, will be fully modern. Flight model is completely redone in a realistic taste, Cockpit it fully VR compatible, switches are clickable, hot/cold start is functioning, pushback is added, it’s fully customizable and it has a comprehensive community paint Kit. I also remodeled a ton, re-incorperated the snow kit into the base model, added auto-pilot and a fully functioning GX Touch and Aera combo, and I’ve dumped modern sounds, animations, panels, lighting, effects, 4k texture combos, ai control, a fully operational fuel system, aileron and Rudder trims and weather effects on both the airframe and windshield. It’s had a complete Overhaul and performs like a champ in terms of FPS. I personally would consider dropping the old FSX Conversion I posted, but as long as your happy. I would ask that you don’t distribute the old files as the new project is going to grow as the main base and Aerosoar will not be supporting the old conversion anymore.

I won’t share the old one - this one does look good so I will look at it once the sim is stable again (high hopes from the latest update).

[RELEASE] EA-7 Edgley Optica | Aerosoar | Freeware Download Now: EA-7 Edgley Optica » Microsoft Flight Simulator What a journey this has been! I would like to personally thank everyone for sticking with Aerosoar after we hooked you with the first FSX Conversion. Special thanks to Craig and Pam for their hard work on the original version. Without their ground work, these release wouldn’t be possible. Now get flying and don’t forget to feed the doggo!

Screenshot2.PNG|690x357

4 Likes

Geat to see the Optica again, especially in the snow.
We used the prototype at Old Sarum to clear the snow
great hoover! The original was lacking power and not particularly nice to fly but improved with more power and a few tweaks.
The fan was somewhat high pitched and noisy.
I enjoyed minor flight testing and training though with my then CFI Barry.
Unfortunately not a commercial success after a fatal accident in its early days.
It would be great to see it being reincarnated in modern light composites.

1 Like

Hi @Gromit1065 and everyone else, especially @NewkTV

It would appear this Wishlist Item is now complete. We’re going to close the thread, but @NewkTV, feel free to start your own thread for the Aerosoar EA-7 Edgely Optica in #third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft since you’re now effectively “in production.” We can place a link here for when you start your own thread in #third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft . Congratulations!

1 Like