efbPro Standalone EFB

Just seen this announcement on Twitter by one of our popular streamers, KatiePilot:

This looks like quite an interesting development, and as Katie is/was the developer of the Fenix EFB, this may be the next logical evolution of EFB offerings.

You can read about it at KatiePilot Announces efbPro, an Innovative Standalone EFB - Threshold and register interest at https://efbpro.com

10 Likes

Sounds good but maybe not the best timing as Jorg said in an interview that 2024 includes an EFB everywhere.

Ah so this is run outside of the sim, it’s not going to be competing directly with anything Asobo builds.

That’s how I see a potential differentiator here.

Also, efbPro looks to be extendable via an ‘app store’ which could make things interesting - adding other tools and the likes that the native MSFS 2024 EFB may not provide.

Looking forward to seeing how it works in practice.

1 Like

Hi,

Maybe this could be interesting for PMDG users since the native EFB from PMDG is still not yet available.

We have more details from KatiePilot on the efbPro:

As expected, it’s a browser-based responsive web app that you can put on a tablet device, or just use in a browser on your PC.
It won’t be sim specific, and will first will target integration with MSFS so that aircraft devs can get the tablet, which is interesting.

entirely standalone from any simulator, you won’t need to own any specific sim or addon to benefit from the use of efbPro and so if you buy an addon that doesn’t have an EFB, then hey, you can just use this one…

Developers can put an app on its App Store: “If you can make a responsive web app, then you can make an app store ready app.

No release date as yet, so it’s one to keep tabs on.

Quite liking the sounds of it, and it’s a very interesting development to possibly save on the multiple tools windows on those multiple screens, just like an EFB :slight_smile:

I registered my interest in the product. Hopefully work continues on this and I see some updates in my inbox soon.