EGLL gates poorly mapped

Is anyone else getting sent to random gates at Heathrow (EGLL) that aren’t actually gates? I’ve flown there four times now and get sent to gates which are actually the BA maintenance hangars down at 27L and 27R end of the airport. I’ve just finished a flight that sent me to gate T10, in the furthest corner of the airport where BA stores it’s planes.

I find it really frustrating that gates would be so poorly mapped. Especially considering that i’m using the premium deluxe version with the bespoke built airport.

Other than that the airport looks brilliant!

I got frustrated with this when visiting EGLL as well until I discovered that after landing on the atc page, instead of asking for “taxi to gate”, asking for “taxi to parking” can result in an actual gate at one of the closer terminals!

I agree with the whole mapping of gates issue, however. I hope the ‘work-around’ I suggested alleviates some of the frustration!

1 Like

Ah yes good suggestion! Will give that a go next time. Annoying that we have to find these workarounds ourselves.

1 Like

Yes this exists not just at EGLL.
I have had GA aircraft routed to what is in real life cargo stands, and had jet liners routed to park up in what in real life would be military or GA aprons.

Have written a seperate imporvement feature request, which perhaps could help address the trouble you experience too.

Thanks @AlphaMA1. I’ve given your suggestion an upvote!

1 Like