EGPD (Aberdeen Dyce) by UK2000

Spotted this in the SimMarket app though it doesn’t yet feature on UK2000’s website (at the time of writing).

From the video it looks pretty accurate in terms of actual layout/operators facilities, etc. Certainly appears more comprehensive than the recent iniBuilds rubbish and maybe ahead of the Scotflight freeware.

A choice of 3 now!

2 Likes

Inibuilds haven’t done Aberdeen

Personally im getting sick of multiple creators making the same airport

1 Like

Correct, AuraScenery did it BUT it’s being exclusively marketed by Ini like it’s an official product though.

Personally I’ll either stick with the freeware or upgrade to UK2000 version (I have a few of their others) which at least has nice terminal windows and helicopters.
Not sure if interior is extensively modelled (or maybe just the gates) though based on that video. Wonder when it’s going to be released? Only thing that annoys me with UK2000 is that they don’t email me updates for my scenery. I have to intermittently go check for them myself which isn’t cool in 2024 they could do with their own add on manager or even an email when one of their products gets updated.

i admit i was unaware what uk2000 were doing and bought the aura one a few weeks ago but havent actually visited it

As above it’s an official product of theirs so if their subcontractor made it then Ini carry responsibility for the quality.

1 Like

I believe they have stopped direct sales and will only use SimMarket (and maybe others), SM does at least mail when there are updates to a product you have bought through them.

1 Like

Details page their website now too-

1 Like

Available to buy at 19.19 Euro (approx £16 GBP). I may be tempted. Not expecting interiors and I don’t care about sculptures at the entrance either, just do a good job elsewhere and I’m good to go.

1 Like

That’s pricey for such a small airport. While UK2000 do decent, solid work, that’s in Pyreegue territory, all things considered…

1 Like

Agree. I was hoping Pyreegue were going to do EGPF. I think it was even rumoured a couple of years ago but nothing. I was disappointed that Ini didn’t do their usual top quality job on it and sub contracted it instead. UK2000 is all there is beyond that. The freeware is goos, but I do prefer windows as opposed to solid textures.

FYI. Someone just released Aberdeen PG on FS .to and it looks really good from the video stream of it. Every building very recognisable and clear for PG.

ps. has anyone bought this airport yet?

Interesting, 2.84 Gb, might give it a try and see what the impact is…

Not bought UK2000 yet… maybe in a sale, happy enough with Scotflight at the moment.

1 Like

They don’t have the full version on fs.to, just parts 1 & 3 with part 2 missing. :man_shrugging: The video looks great though. However there’s no instructions and I’ve just got pink textures for the missing part of Aberdeen PG and it’s also hard to tell if it’s truly working as I have Orbx North POIs installed too though.

I think UK2000 egpd will be a slow seller until a sale pops up, I’m in the same boat freeware fine & ini sneaked in on what was already likely a small market for egpd.

I wish Asobo would do some Scottish city updates too many in Germany & France!

2 Likes

UK2000’s scenery shot up in price after Carlisle, I notice I hope there’s some extra fidelity!

+1 here for waiting for a sale.

The marketplace got uk2000 EGPD released last week & it had a few more images on display. There is at least some interiors with passengers at the gates. I doubt there is a full internal model as it’s just not been shown.

I do have EGPK and a good few other UK2000 airports though and they are all good. Just not completely amazing like some other devs in 2024. I no longer use their EGPF for example as Pyreegue’s is much better.

It’s pretty good, almost 12Gb uncompressed, like all PG the closer you get to objects the softer the renditions however that doesn’t detract.

Data is from a couple of years ago too, construction still going on in Union Tce Gardens.

I have buzzed a few houses of friends and relatives and checked out various places I have worked :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I briefly tried it & saw some dubious melted structures in places. seems like it is either wow amazing or meh in places, maybe I need to turn my LOD up from 100. I also saw quite a few autogen buildings so not sure why (scenery order?). I also have Orbx north installed, so I may give it a whirl without that. Also saw some skips/stutters with it at times. Will definitely give it a go again though. Go check out my old school from decades ago etc.

EDIT: changed my mind it looks amazing, but has some pop in issues so you can be over an area, it looks melted, then the PG pops in as you hover over it. Generally when it’s loaded it looks great though. Off to do some exploring.

Some really nice city details from above-

1 Like

I’ve just decided to impulse buy uk2000 EGPD so will report back on how it is here.

1 Like

OK my first impressions/quick review of UK2000 EGPD. Some images attached below.

• Only a 61MB download (& 137MB install)!
  • 20 or so static helicopters (quite nice looking too, not your average low poly ones)
  • Peripheral buildings (hotels etc) lacking, look almost like auto-gen with a logo added, not helped by being surrounded by almost completely bare satellite imagery of roads and grounds.
  • Satellite imagery is used quite a bit with no textures or trees / grass etc added (to hide it) in various places. Most noticeably at the main entrance way and all the lead in roads. It doesn’t look nice (flattened cars in car parks etc.) and could really do with texture replacements and more seamless blending into the surrounding area. Maybe we can hope for improvements with future versions.
  • Main terminal building interior is not modelled, and completely empty.
  • Internals are modelled for the main terminal entrance way and main terminal gates to various degrees.
  • Some gate walkway internal detail is missing opaque walls above the glass so you see daylight. Thankfully not apparent from outside view though.
  • There are a mix of static and animated people present at gates, main terminal entrance and elsewhere around airport.
  • Some very nice detailing elsewhere about the airport eg Bristow heli gate/building looks amazing and also busy with people.
  • Other helicopter providers buildings & gates also modelled.
  • Some nice looking warehouse type structures and ground details eg pallets & containers etc.
  • Night lighting around gates looks good.
  • Many buildings (not the gates) around the airport have glass windows, with fake / flat interiors behind them. Most of the time this works with a 3d effect, but some of them look better than others. I do like seeing glass and 3d like interiors from outside even if they are faked.
  • There are a lot of static helicopters (20+) and some GA aircraft about, there is no option to remove any of these in the marketplace version, however the main gates are all clear of statics and available to use.
  • The sculpture at airport driveway entrance is present.
  • Main multi story car park is present with many 3d cars parked everywhere
  • Ground level car parks around the periphery and driveway use satellite textures, which look bad and also show flattened cars etc, so could do with replacing with texturing instead.

Summary-

An overall good rendition of EGPD, and certainly an upgrade to an already good freeware version with added windows/glass and many rendered gate interiors (which I like to see when parked at a gate). It has plenty of static helicopters, which makes this airport more believable to the real EGPD. Use of basic satellite imagery instead of texturing (around the lead in/ entrance way / hotels / car parks areas) is poor and could definitely do with reworking with texturing and or blending better with the surrounding area (not up to 2024 airport standards, and IMO lets this v1.0 version of this airport down). A good start for a pay ware EGPF. Fingers crossed for more updates (uk2k EGPK for example has had 3 updates since release). Maybe a bit expensive for what feels like a not totally polished product. However it is incredible what has been packed into such a small install size. (61MB download 137MB disk install), so I’m not expecting any performance issues with this airport. All in all quite happy with this one, use of terminal side bare satellite imagery in surrounding area aside. However it is that which IMO drops it from a being a great airport to a good one for me as it currently stands.

Helicopter operator building/gate with people

R16 Approach

Is that a Harrier parked there?

Lots of helicopters everywhere in this uk2000 version

Amazing detailing on the Bristow gate building

Sculpture at airport entrance

Main terminal car park and entrance

Gates detailed interior area

Main terminal entrance at night

Gate lighting at night

Lots of statics everywhere

Aircraft at gates are FSLTL AI

Basic satellite imagery and autogen buildings very noticable to west of main airport terminals

Car parks and hotels are surrounded by satellite imagery

Main terminal entrance way has some nice detailing

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, it looks ‘nae bad’, will cogitate a bit more about buying…

I see the parking assignments are consistently incorrect between different sceneries (Base, Scotflight, Ini, UK2000), i.e. you would only expect to see KLM at the international stands and EZY would not normally be on the smaller stands. I wonder if this is coming from the MSFS base layer.

I used to use AFCAD in previous sims to edit parking assignments/radius etc and last time I looked at how viable this was to do in MSFS it seemed quite complex.