EMB121 - Xingu - New Embraer aircraft in development for MSFS

Hey, fantastic! Just the type of quirky aircraft I’ve been looking for to replace my Piper Navajo Colemill from FS9…take my money!

I’ll use this for my (fictitious) Air Taxi service based in Northern California; can’t wait to finally once again have a 9pax twin prop with a good cruise speed and decent range.

Thank you for building this!

1 Like

The GTN750 is planned for a future update.
The rotating beacon is not planned.

1 Like

Thanks for the info! I’d really appreciate if you guys modeled the rotating beacon, that is a staple with the Xingu :wink:

2 Likes

You will add a feature or variant with the screens ? Like in the French army ?

No. The add-on will come with the original analog cockpit with the GNS530 and GTN750.

okay, and we have a final release date ?

Liking the look of this one. Looking forward to the release and may well create a few liveries if needed.

1 Like

It will be released later this week or next if all goes well.

4 Likes

I hope you plan to release in the MSFS Marketplace!
I only buy from there, others never buy from there so always good to have different options.

6 Likes

Hopefully you guys added the classic rotating beacon lights :wink:

1 Like

It’s live on SimMarket, a mere $19.49 US/18 Euros! Congrats, @ReichertB!

Looks like the initial release supports the PMS50 GTN750; hopefully TDS will follow soon.

I have the Ercoupe and Debonair, and looking forward to picking this one up!

4 Likes

Downloading now!

Congrats on the release! Hoping for TDS GTN 750 integration and a rotating beacon to come in an update :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve just contacted TDSSIM to integrate GTNXi with Xingu and I’m waiting for a response.
The rotating beacon will likely be added in future update along with some bug fixes.

3 Likes

SOLD! Thank you so much! You guys rock!

1 Like

I like it! It’s a zippy little thing. Not quite as fast as a King Air, but fast enough… On the whole, I don’t have any major complaints. It flies well and handles predictably.

I do have a couple of nitpicks, though…

• The pilot’s default camera should be a little higher up - the visibility in the plane isn’t great to begin with, and having eye level be at the glareshield level doesn’t help.

• There’s a typo on the upper panel - an extra “t” in “inertial separator”. (“Intertial Separator”)

• The selectable options are supposed to all be through the EFB, but I didn’t see anything on the EFB to deploy/remove the side window shades. (There are clickspots in the cockpit itself to do the job, so it’s not a missing feature or anything - just doesn’t seem to be on the EFB.)

• The passenger cabin is really nicely done for a plane at this price point (the window shades work!), and there’s an instrument camera view for the cabin (good!)… but that camera view is on the floor of the cabin. Seems to defeat the purpose…

• Some control issues: I couldn’t get the throttle into the reverse range with my Thrustmaster (may not actually be a problem; I may just need to switch the axis used - TBD), the parking brake does not seem to respond to the “toggle parking brake” key assignment, and the condition levers don’t appear to be on the mixture axis as is the case in similar planes. (That’s fine, as there’s only two settings, but it would be nice to use my mixture slider to change those settings.

• I don’t know if this is actually intended… but the condition levers absolutely need to be in the idle (low) setting for both engines if you want to taxi normally. At high, the plane accelerates REALLY quickly at idle, and you’ll be at 50kts ground speed in seconds. Idle (low) also has some acceleration at an idle throttle, but it’s much more manageable. The checklists have you set high condition after startup, with no mention of backing it down for taxi. (Oddly, the before takeoff checklist has you putting the condition levers at high… which is where they should already be per those checklists, so it seems redundant - unless there’s a missing taxi item to reduce condition to idle.)

• A clean glass option would be appreciated - the scratches are a bit much, I think.

On the whole, though, a really nice aircraft to fly, with a lot of nice touches. I’d definitely recommend it if you’re in the market for a twin.

4 Likes

Hi. Thank you for the feedback.

I will start to work on the first update to fix some of the issues that you pointed out.

The aircraft does have too much power when the condition levers are set to high, some pilots taxi with the condition levers at idle or they use the reverse trhust to slow down the aircraft during taxi. But anyway, I will talk again to a guy that worked at Embraer and helped me with this add-on and check with him if this is supposed to be like this.

I will redo de camera views to make it better and also remove some of the windshield scratches, but I don’t remember adding a camera view to the cabin, but anyway I will take a look into that.

The tablet will be redesigned in the future, but this is something that takes too much time to do. But after that’s done it will have the options for the side windows shades.

Again, thank you very much for the feedback, it will help me to make the add-on better.

Sorry if I written something wrong here, English is not my native language and I am busy at the moment. :grin:

11 Likes

Hi, bought today the Aircraft and really like it. It is right on my alley. After some testing this are the things i found unrealistic (to me and my little experience from real life flying)

• like many MSFS aircraft the rudder seems to sensitive. Seams to be a Problem with MSFS.
  • the aircraft slows not really down with throttle to idle. I would expect more breaking from the Props in idle.
    -the stall speed seams way to low. I can hold the aircraft in the air down to 40-50 knots and it barrely slows down. It is floating way to long even with idle power.

IF you fix this topics it will be a great aircraft for some short hops after work :wink:

Best Klaus

1 Like

Also just bought :slight_smile:
cool plane - cockpit view has to be adjusted a bit to the left and forward - but everyone can do that themselves and surely everyone has their own priorities. Takes a few seconds, save and you’re done!
At the taxiway the sensitivity of the rudder pedals is perfect, at take-off you have to be a bit careful but still good to control.
After the first short flight I would say:
“the plane is a bit gruff to fly, but I think that’s exactly the characteristic you expect!”. I love it, and I hope there won’t be too many changes :wink:
The first landing with a standard load was smooth and precise with 80 and full flaps - I didn’t have the plane hovering over the runway forever :wink: - I think I did everything right :slight_smile:

:+1: :sunglasses: :beers:

1 Like