Embraer 110 electrical system

i enjoy the embraer 110. twice now, after a fairly long day, the electrical system just shuts off like the battery went dead, mid flight. otherwise a fun plane. I check the alternator switches, inverter switches and everything else I can think of. the voltage gauges show correctly. but no radios, no flaps, no lights. luckily for all of us, the gear works…

I don’t have that plane, but I know with most turboprops the generator is disconnected when the starter is engaged. double check to see that the starter is not engaged.

1 Like

Did you turn off the starter buttons after having started the engines?

Puk

Hello,

I moved your topic to
#third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft

because the EMB 110 is not part of the base simulator and the Bugs&Issues category is used for reporting issues with MSFS.

I’m pretty sure I did, but will make sure next time. I usually turn the starters off after the engines start. Maybe I forgot. I’ll double check today and see if it happens again.
Thanks. I didn’t know the starters disconnected the generators.

When the engines are running you need to disable your starters. They are power eaters. Not sure if the generators/alternators can overcome that.

A little off topic, but outside of that issue, curious to know how what your thought is on that aircraft?

Overall I like the airplane. Two complaints; tge autopilot is in an awkward spot, and you can’t see the vor needles at night. It’s slow, and not pressurized, but my virtual airline has tons of turboprop routes. Short flights, it’s fun.

As to the electrical issues; I’ve started being more conscious about alternator load. Turn off the fuel pumps, I used to leave them on. Anything else that can be shut off, I do. I’ll be careful about the starters, you do have to turn them off manually.

Thanks. Not on many forums.

1 Like

Yep, plus i was leaving the fuel pumps on, if I used deicing I often left it on for the duration. Also trying to shed other unnecessary loads.
I knew about the starters, but I may have forgotten them. Most others shut off automatically, except the citation 7.
Thanks for the help. I may fly it tonight after dinner.

My biggest problem with the aircraft is VOR navigation. I can’t get it to work. Only works on localizers it seems.

1 Like

Ninjatrek; the vor is working, but it’s different. The #1 vor head has a green pointer, to go to or from a vor, align that pointer with the big needle that you can turn. Sort if like a #2 vor needle on a 2 needle display. It’s very hard for me to explain. It is there, and it does work.
The main needle does only offset on localizers.
I have to zoom in pretty close to see the green pointer, and all the vor needles on both gauges are invisible at night…see if that helps, or I could try to explain better.

Hello, I picked up the EMB-110 last night and for some reason the electrical system is not working properly on start up. Neither of the GPS screens or the transponder will work and it is not acknowledging my PMS GTN750. Even when I use the widget in-sim, the GTN750 says offline like there is no power to the aircraft…
Thank you for any help.

Edit: I purchased it on the in-sim Marketplace.

Battery is ON i assume. Do you have a 3rd party livery for the EMB110 installed?

lol yes, battery is on. I’ve followed the checklists. Aircraft is started and I can taxi and fly, but avionics will not function. I do have one livery (for the 110P1), but I have not used it with the aircraft yet. I wanted to try out the default aircraft first.

Which Avionics set you use- GNS530/430 or have you choosen the GTN750 in the Tablet? And If so , is the GTN750 installed? I recommend, just to be sure, to deinstall the livery to see if it is the problem.

By default, the GNS530/430 are in the aircraft. I have tried to switch it to the GTN750, but even the widget says “power is off” and the built in tablet says PMS50 GTN “not installed/offline”, but I was just using it in my arrow and King Air 350. Internal and external lighting is working so power is on and electrical is working, but not for avionics.

A friend allowed me to try an older build that they had backed up and the avionics work fine there. I updated through the marketplace and again the avionics are broken. I’m assuming it has to do with the latest update, but I don’t know anyone else personally that has this aircraft or an up to date version.

Issue was resolved with new version of the PMS GTN750. Apparently there was an error with it.

NOT, I repeat NOT resolved… Because I continue to have the EXACT same problem…