Embraer 170-175 series VirtualCol Honest Review

Here is my honest review of the VirtualCol Series for the Embraer 170 series.

I wouldn’t buy from this developer again until they start pulling their act together - rating is low.

Aircraft seem to be rushed, not suitable for MSFS2020 but rather for MSFS2004 or x.

See below for my video link.

Thanks. Mr 305

1 Like

Perhaps you could have adjusted the engine volume for the external overview talk?

1 Like

Yeah… I realised that when I watched it haha. My bad. Microphone closer to mouth next time :grimacing::joy:

Or…external walk around before engine’s on?

My microphone level wasn’t set up correctly. Usually hear me fine with engine on. Not sure why it defaulted on mic volume. Sometimes we have off days :rofl:

The plane is a scam, just like everything that company makes. Good review man, just make sure to verify the audio settings before recording next time!

7 Likes

You put out this review the same day as Virtualcol releases a major update to the plane without adding the update? Not fair.

I don’t think an update will fix this mess… Previous updates on previous products state otherwise

I just flew a regional flight with the 175 and it was not a good flight. Flight characteristics are off, on take off I did a full wheelie applying power with out any elevator control. I’m hoping that they update it because the model itself are nice as well as the interior of the cabin.

Wonder if this plane has changed any for the better. Just released on Xbox and the rating looks low.

An update for the Embraer 170-175 was just released from VirtualCol. I purchased it from the Marketplace, and the update is not yet avilable. I am looking forward to it, as I understand that a number of problems with the version I have, 2.48.15, have been resolved. The version I have says it is ‘up to date’. Does anyone know when I will be able to download the new version?

Thanks for the video. It’s a good thing I didn’t buy this plane. there are so few of them in the MS Marketplace for Xbox, but this plane looks like from the times of Xplane 8,9 or Msfs 2004. And it also does not have well-developed internal systems. The developers decided to earn extra money on the old model? Or study level? $3 maximum price for that aircraft.

Anyone tried this after update?

I bought this plane through Marketplace. The update is not yet available in Content Manager.

Just updated, definitely more flyable. Behaves alot better. Sounds still horrible.

A waste of fine British Airways design on this low quality plane.

Update on VirtualCol Embraer 170-175 still not available from Marketplace. Shows version V2.48.15 installed. Tried uninstalling, then reinstalled, but says ‘Up to Date, V2.48.15 installed’. VirtualCol website says V2.12.8 is the update version. Any way to get this update?

I was mistaken. The latest update is V2.48.15, which was released on November 29.

Hi there, we are on SU11 and I reactiveted my Virtuacols EMB170/175 (Version 2.66.6). First I put myself on cold&dark and wondered why my compter screens kept almost dark. I stopped the game uninstalled all my mods and put the plane directly right away for start and the screens kept almost black. Almost, because some entries were readable, but not all. Please check the screenshot for details. I wonder if you have/had the same issues and what can be done to bypass. Thanks alot.

Link to Screenshot

I tried the EMB 175 this morning, and the displays were working fine. This plane is of special interest to me since my granddaughter’s husband works for Sky West, and is flying the Embraer 175.

1 Like