Engine won't run on P-51's with fuselage tank

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Which aircraft are you using that experiences this issue?

Any of the Reno P-51’s fitted with the aft tank that defaults to 100% on the fuel page (Bunny, Spam Can, Wee Willy Man O’ War). Goldfinger and the generic P-51 aren’t affected.

Brief description of the issue:

When one of the affected aircraft is loaded outside of the Reno race or time trial mode, the engine cuts out when more than about 20-30" MP is applied. This happens regardless of the fuel quantity, fuel selector position, or automixture, unlimited fuel, or engine damage settings.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Load one of the affected aircraft, start the engine (the bug happens regardless of whether the flight loads with the engine running or not), and add power. At somewhere around 20-30inHg, the engine will cut out. It can be restarted using either CTRL-E or through the starter, but will cut out when power is added again.

PC specs and peripheral set up:

i7-13700K, RTX 3070, 2tb SSD, 2tb HDD Windows 10 home, TM Warthog,

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

12, but the problem happens regardless of which is selected

Are you using DLSS?

Yes, but the problem happens regardless of this setting

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Are you using DLSS?

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes

DX12

Are you using DLSS?

FSR2.0

Yes

dx12

Are you using DLSS?

Yes

I have exactly the same issue. I only have P-51B “Bunny”. The P-51A doesn’t do this.

Yes.

P-51D "Bunny"s engine cuts out as soon as I give it throttle.
The aircraft is currently entirely unusable.

2 Likes

Yes and also happens regardless of fuel cutoff & tank select

It happens with Man 'O War from the marketplace. Engine does not run even after pressing R (repair) and starting up in the air.
Ever since buying MOW it would run Ok for perhaps 15 minutes and regardless of careful engine handling it would then quit. pressing R would fix it for another 15 mins. Now it quits all the time with any throttle opening.

11 but I have tried 12

Are you using DLSS?

yes

1 Like

I might have stumbled on the cause of both the previous engine quitting after a while and the current quitting on throttle up.
I had a copy of Man 'O War on my other drive so I replaced the one from sim update 13. At least I can now fly it ( even if only for 15 minutes).
However I noticed that if I start with it ready to takeoff but then move the fuel selection, the tank I am using empties into the other two!!
That happens no matter which tank. So perhaps the bug is to do with the fuel system and or the fuelling of the engine.
Pressing R always resets the problem and gives another 15 minutes - but doing that to the update 13 version doesn’t work.

As same as I apply throttle in man o war the engine cuts out.

1 Like

Same problem with Man o’War 0.1.28. First noticed with MSFS 1.34.16.0

yes

throttle increase eng cuts out, all started with latest update 13, before this was flyable

dx12

Are you using DLSS?

yes

does that mean I wasted 10 Euro for a plane that doesn’t fly? :joy: :joy: :joy:

how stupid i am…

2 Likes

For now, yes. I hope it gets fixed soon.

1 Like

Reporting in, having the same issue here… as soon as i advance the throttle, the engine dies on me.

2 Likes

I have this issue, too! Please fix, it’s making my favourite plane unusable!

2 Likes

Nah, yer just one of the lucky ones… because, “how big are the chances!” out of all the airplanes out there on the marketplace. (keep looking at the ratings and/or some reviews before you buy anything, that’s the main point.)

When she gets fixed (eventually, that why we vote to expedite the time it takes), you’ll have an awsome airplane. Just be ware that if you put anything down or out (like flaps and gear for landing) that causes a lot of drag and requires a lot of trimming of the aircraft… she flies purdy! :wink:

1 Like

Back to the hangar for Man O’ War :neutral_face:

1 Like

Thank you for covering my feelings and for the hints to fly the P51, but i already fly her since decades in different simulators, like IL2 a.s.o… :wink:

1 Like

Same issue here, I though I was doing something wrong, but it seems not. Wee Willy is experiencing this issue, but it seems the default P51 works fine most of the time.

2 Likes

The issue seems to be confined to the P-51 models that have the fuselage tank installed, and where that tank defaults to 100% full in MSFS.

Both the generic P-51 and Goldfinger have the fuselage tank, but don’t have it full by default, so they’re unaffected by the bug, but I have no clue what exactly in the fuel system modeling in MSFS changed to cause the bug, since it’s new to SU13.

1 Like

This item has been worked on and has a fix in the Sim Update 14 Beta. If anyone would like to confirm their results who are in the Beta, please feel free to share. Thanks!

2 Likes

The issue doesn’t seem to be resolved.

After downloading the SU14 beta and Reno updates, I tried the same airplanes that had the issue in SU13, and it’s still present with no changes I can see.

2 Likes