Engliash lake District

English Lake District
Keswick and Derwentwater

5 Likes

I can see my tent from here.
Love the lakes. And what with the lake, a nearby Helvellyn and the odd stone circle, Keswick is probably my favourite part of it.

And you thought it was raining
:wink:

Great Place to fly!

Spent the evening flying around there in the Savage Cub and creating a zig-zag Bush trip through the Lakes from Walney Island to Kirkbride Airfield with Bushtrip Injector and Littlenavmap. Will be testing the end result tomorrow.

Have also been trying Hilltop landings on Helvellyn & Skiddaw followed by dead stick rolling downhill take offs down to Lakeside landings. Can’t quite make it Engine Off from the top of Helvellyn to Glenridding Lakeshore just yet!

Neat image.

Love flying over the Lakes and down the Valleys.

When I did the Nav exam for my PPL it was from Blackpool to Walney, then up to Carlisle then back to Blackpool and at both Walney and Carlisle I had to get the exam sheet stamped. It was a clear blue sky day and was glorious flying over the Lakes until a Tornado went vertical in front of me, never saw the second one.

Check out Cark airfield, much closer to the Lakes, there are also a couple of strips just North of Shap that are worth flying into, one being quite short for the A5, but should be no probkem for a Cub.