Enhanced Live Traffic 3.03 Update released

Enhanced Live Traffic is a standalone Flight Simulator add-on that injects accurate live traffic into your game!

Features of the new version:

• AIG livery support
  • Flights will follow the original routes
  • Starts and landings on the actual used runways of the real traffic
  • All types are shown even VFR flights with small planes
  • High altitude traffic mode
  • SU9 Compatible
  • Actualized User Manual
  • ATC should warn you if the traffic is near by (Pilot2ATC does)

Download at flightsim.to

10 Likes

Moved below posts from wishlist topic:

ELT 3.0 has just been released! Sorry for the delay!

5 Likes

Thanks for your effort!
Just tested your mod.
For me the AI behaviour on ground is too bad to watch.
I guess the mod is nice for enroute traffic only.

1 Like

The first thing I note is that it isnt loading AIG models despite the fact that the settings.json file is pointing to my AIG models, its loading default Asobo A320 models instead.

I agree with them in part.

1. It is a bit more complicated to display a live traffic very close to time with all features. (Taxi, landings, ramp, parking, etc.) Much of this is not available in the live data. You would need additional data that cannot be processed in real time. Hence the obvious time delay in live traffic from Asobo! Although I would like to see at least the entire traffic (so also the VFR traffic) - as ELT 3.0 does by the way!
  2. Yes for this you need additional data. But often you don’t know for example where the aircraft will park, because this is decided on the fly. So where should a plane taxi after landing without this info!
  3. Yes I agree ATC is indeed terrible. Pilot2ATC does it much better, although it doesn’t manage all the traffic - but at least it warns you about the traffic around you - works in ELT 3.0 too by the way!
1 Like

What’s your path? In the settings?

Sorry that’s nothing I can change without the bug fixes of Asobo. There are two mayor bugs: 1st the taxiing flag does not work for planes on the ground. 2nd. planes will not spawned in the correct altitude. And yes the thoughts was to improve the live traffic arround you when you fly. The atc should warn you if there is traffic near by - Pilot2ATC does!
On the Airport you will have smooth starts and Landings in real time. But the landings will mostly happen with teleporting - sometimes the planes are close enough that you will see better landings… But that depens on the AI calculated traffic - but I have no influence on that!

F:\Flight Simulator\Community\aig-aitraffic-oci-beta\SimObjects\Airplanes\

The double backslash is being taken out of the post by the forum but they are there.

Looking at the list of loaded flights, what its doing is substituting various Cessna aircraft for the Asobo A320, same with the Piper.

The correct way is described in the manual! And if you set the PA46 model code correctly in the Modelmatching.json, the correct plane should be displayed!

As I said its pointing to the correct path and you can see in my image of the loaded flights that it is loading some AIG models.

Thanks for trying but the compromises I have to make to get live Traffic closer to real time is just too much including:-

1. No working Jetways for AI.
  2. Irregular jerky movements when taxiing.
  3. No awareness of the traffic in the 172 MFD.
  4. Peculiar near ground hovering of light aircraft.
  5. Too many loaded flights with no departure and destinations data
  6. Too many horrible Asobo default A320 models being displayed.

We are taking one step forward and quite a few back unfortunately and I appreciate that is largely down to Asobo and their sim. Ai in MSFS 2020 is just a mess to be honest.

1 Like

Yes, it is a compromise. If you want jetways and smooth taxiing, then you should use the AIG Traffic Controller. But then it could happen, that the airpanes not take off on some airports - because there is also an Asobo problem…
The weird near ground hovering of light aircraft happens when they don’t have grounding. Loaded flights are also due to FR24 data. But I promise to work on any improvements that are technically solvable at this time!

4 Likes

And another tip the longer ELT runs the better the representation of the flights!

I am glad that so many enthusiastic freetime developers as you working so hard to improve the AI system!
You should definetly work at Asobo as you exactly know what has to be done!
But sadly we dont know if Asobo will approach all the issues and we also dont know if they are doing it in a satisfying way for us…

2 Likes

Thanks for the honor, but I think I should stay independent :wink: I just started to make more improvements. All ideas and suggestions are welcome. I will include them if it is technically possible! :wink:

1 Like

Is this working properly? Example:-
Spawned: Airbus A320 Neo Asobo for Model: Cessna 560XL Citation XLS+
and I have these model matches in the ModelMatching.json file:-

“Cessna 560XLS Citation Excel”: “Cessna CJ4 Citation”,
“Cessna 560XLS Citation XLS+”: “Cessna CJ4 Citation”,

It should work. But you can also try the Model code:
„C56X“: „Cessna CJ4 Citation“,
You can see the used type also in FR24 under:

1 Like

Connect Fps Drops 1 minute will to Disconnect More Fps will to Connect still Fps Drops 1 minute again too

Sorry, but I don’t understand what you want to say?

How to spawn AIG models ONLY for the traffic?