Enrich Xbox AI Traffic - Allow Traffic Variety setting and toggle for Generic Plane Models

Xbox users have a much more restricted range of AI Traffic available which frequently consists of the awful “pointy nose” Jetliners and non-realistic liveries.

Many people including myself find these AI aircraft a disappointing immersion breaker.

Let’s ask Asobo to investigate whether the Xbox is capable of smoothly using these options, and therefore allows us to have realistic plane models in AI Traffic, and realistic liveries on them.

Essentially we want a toggle to switch this on or off like PC users have and give us that equivalence with the PC.

If it does reduce frame rates in certain circumstances users can be warned of that potential with a simple message prior to selecting it on menu

1 Like

Definitely, definitely voted.

Even if the outcome will not something we would like to hear, at least we have an answer.

But making it possible, this would means the world for Xbox simmers who fly airliners exclusively.

5 Likes

you don’t have those toggles available at the bottom of the traffic options page?

all that does is allow a toggle to not display generic models in case a proper model/livery does exists.

Even with that setting turned to ‘off’, it’ll still display the generic pointy nose planes when there’s no matching model / livery available. It’s like that on PC as well.

On PC we of course have freeware addons like FSLTL or AIG available for model matching, but that doesn’t seem to be your question.

No, we don’t.

1 Like

Gotcha. Still, without anything to modelmatch to, the sim will display the generic models on PC as well.

1 Like

Allowing products like Aerosoft Simple Traffic to work in lieu of any model matching is a good compromise compared to what Xbox users have now, IMO.

3 Likes

Simple traffic used to be available for XBox. It got pulled because it caused issues. Might all be related to the very limited memory available to the XBox.

1 Like

I was thinking if Just Flight could release the FS traffic fleet pack without the injector to the marketplace, that could benefit the Xbox users, default model matching mostly works for real-time online traffic from what i have seen in pc. But yes, if aerosoft simple traffic had performance problems, then FS traffic fleet might have even bigger performance impact.

1 Like

Not sure how to suggest this, but here it goes…this topic should be merged with the following one.

6 Likes

I know, I was one of the folks reporting issues on Xbox in July 2022 when it first came out. The issue is very specifically related to traffic variety settings on Xbox. That’s likely memory related, but unlikely to be a dealbreaker to adjust (see the Simple Traffic thread for details).

1 Like

This feature would help to make gameplay a lot more immersive especially at airports with a large hub airport :slight_smile:

1 Like