Entering fuel and payload using the keyboard is a mess!

When trying to manually input your fuel and payload numbers on the weight and balance screen, it’s acting really crazy!

If you for instance start off by clearing the existing value, then let’s say I want to put in 300 kg of fuel in the left main tank. When I start typing the value of 300 by pressing ‘3’ on my keyboard, it will result in 0.79 in the field where I’m typing?!

I then have to fiddle around using a combination of the arrow keys, backspace and delete to finally get the correct value entered into the field.

Quite annoying!

1 Like

Yes, I agree. Please file a zendesk ticket.

Are you using non-english characters in Windows anywhere?
Do you have “Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support” option checked, if so try unchecked.

My Windows is English (US) but my local is set to Sweden where I live and I of course also use Swedish input.

Not even sure what that option you mention is? So I guess the quick answer is no :wink:

This is the section I was referring to.

It has nothing to do with this. Its an absolute mess trying to type in weights in the menu. Depending on where your cursor is, pressing backspace doesnt work, then when you type it jumps after the decimal point. Cannot believe things like this got through initial testing and still exist.

Well, that’s just it.
Mine ( and a lot af others) works just fine.
I can type anything in, and do, those sliders are useless.
So something is different in devices that have the issue.
This may not be the solution, but it has cured various cockpit FMC issues that are “typing” related, so I wondered if it could be at play here as well.

Sorry for the late reply. Been busy reinstalling Windows and MSFS. Hoping that will fix some of the CTDs I’ve been seeing.

Just checked the setting you suggested but it’s already unchecked. Haven’t actually tried putting in fuel and weight after the reinstallation. So who knows, maybe it will work normally now :wink:

I do think you’re correct though it has to do with reginal settings one way or the other when you say you don’t have this issue. Only affecting some people, it’s very likely a regional setting somewhere.

Let’s hope Asobo can figure it out since it’s quite annoying to say the least.

1 Like

Did Asobo try and solve this at all? Do we need to do something specific to raise a ticket? It’s absolutely ■■■■■. Use the slider on the KG page and it’ll jump around. Try and type it in and it’ll revert to 0. Oh and apparently Litres is not equal to KG :confused:

Yep, still the same issue when trying to type in a value. I guess these kind of issues are found quite low on Asobo’s prio list.

…and edited to add, I do find it a bit strange why we have this issue in the first place since typing in values in a field with no issues to me seems like very basic functionally compared to many other quite amazing things seen in this piece of software.

Agree this is an absolute complete mess. Using slider also doesn’t give finer enough control, so you can’t actually use exact weights

A total mess indeed! It seems to me that no matter what I enter BEFORE the flight (during the setup) regarding payload and fuel. After I hit the “start flight” button those entered fuel weights and payload weights are not used. (You’ll need to check to see for yourself.) in my recent flights (after the latest “fix”) it seemed that the takeoff roll was noticeably shorter than expected… until I check the loads after getting airborne. Nothing like what I had input… needed to do all the loading again (while in the air). Consequently my takeoff was nothing like what was expected (I usually load it up to close to 80-90% capacity)… but was getting airborne in 4500-5000 ft of runway. (At least in a 748) which is way too short.

Check your weights before pushing that throttle … I’m just say’n🙄. You may be rudely surprised.

Why bother with that initial setup anymore, when it doesn’t even get used? Does anybody at Asobo/Microsoft even check this stuff before releasing these “updates”? If I was paid to play a game, I would play the game… a lot!!:man_shrugging:t3: I (we the customers) should not be the ones to find these blaring issues, this far down the road.

I also have this unbearable issue!

I hope this helps.
If you don’t open the load manager again, it should stay as you set it.
I haven’t tried this myself, but there are several posts in here that mention it.
Apparently it is opening the manager the second time that resets it.