Especially for acrobatics lovers

Hello mates

After the last update, I have observed a much worse behavior especially in the 2 aerobatic airplanes of this Sim.
In the realization of the looping, both the Extra 330 and the Cap10, do not finish the looping at the top; sometimes they do not even reach the vertical, (of course, they have enough speed), and instead of continuing to fall, intervenes what is called here the “assistant” to avoid the stall. There would not be such a stall, but the completion of a maneuver.
I note that this assistant intervenes too often, especially after this update of 27/07/2021. Before, the looping was performed quite well, and I think I had the configuration set to “default”.

When I am at the top of the looping, a comment usually appears, “Cursor mode and toolbar panel.” This is where the wizard intervenes, preventing the looping from ending. I have tried to suppress this wizard, leaving these functions disabled, but it continues to intervene.
Can you explain me what means “CURSOR MODE”. How can I configure that in toolbar, if that is where I could correct this behavior?

I look forward to your help.
Kind regards: Delfin

And just to add to that, I have been unable to do a stall turn successfully.

Hi @YearlingDeer319

Could you please be a bit more extensive in your comment. Have you come to configure before or after update No. 5, a plane to do at least some acrobatics ?.

Do you know exactly what it means to “be in cursor mode?” If so, can you explain it to me? How can the isolate be eliminated in acrobatic maneuvers, since it makes it difficult to perform these maneuvers correctly.
I expect something more from you and other colleagues, in relation to acrobatics.

i don’t fly since update 5, but in the few flights i had done it felt like the extra330 was easier to stall. i guess that happens in your looping. do you have an eye on the AoA reading? what’s the airspeed in that moment?

i don’t know what that is, sorry. but i’d suggest to turn off all flight helpers, especially for aerobatics.

1 Like

Hi @ReimRehkitz

I thank you for your participation and clarifications which are very accurate.

I have tried all possible combinations with the helpers. As it works best, is disabling all flight helpers, but the last one (pilot AI in cursor mode), is re-enabled every time you start a new flight, change aircraft; in short, whenever you stop any flight and start again.

Anyway, I consider unnecessary all those helpers that if activated, (and they are systematically by default), do not allow to perform correctly the aerobatic maneuvers, When we do aerobatics, there is a risk that the plane stalls, and if it enters, it is one more lesson to be learned; you learn by making mistakes. With those helpers, we are not allowed to make mistakes, and consequently, we cannot perfect the maneuvers.

There is another strange circumstance with the maneuvers: I start the looping with speeds between 140 and 160 kts. The plane starts the climb, but loses speed very quickly, that is completely wrong; very often when it reaches the vertical, its speed very often is only 100 or even 80 kts. And it continues to lose speed exaggeratedly. And… in spite of having deactivated all the helpers, its behavior is very abnormal, even when it has reached the highest point and in inverted flight, it makes very strange movements, controlled by someone, who does not let it descend correctly.

You make this observation to me: Do you have an eye on the AoA. What is the air speed in this moment?

Well, that AoA, at the moment of initiating the looping, indicates between 16 to 24 depending on how well or poorly the aircraft is performing the climb.

By the way: what does “AoA” mean?

Once again, thank you very much for your comments.

AoA is angle of attack. Angle of Attack (AOA) - SKYbrary Aviation Safety

It seems there are some serious language/terminology barriers in this discussion, as a person who doesn’t know what AoA is frankly may not be qualified to speak on what is realistic behavior during aerobatics in the sim, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how “Cursor mode and toolbar panel" is relevant here.

Are you talking about the toolbar you can access by moving your mouse cursor to the top of the screen, the one where you can adjust the weather settings, open the ATC menu, etc?

1 Like

Hi @MiddecoreGaming

This time you come as a critical teacher; I can understand it, not all the non-English speaking world, knows all the abbreviations of the aeronautical terminology,(nor of any other discipline), and Google (or any other translator), do it better every day, but in the technical jargon, still lacks mastery of the language and sometimes there are misunderstandings as deep as this one.

I have been familiar with the meaning of angle of attack for more than 40 years, but surprisingly, I have never seen it abbreviated to “AOA”. Indeed, it is a problem of habit in the use of terminology.

I also could not imagine that in the aerobatic model of this Sim, was included what they call here an “assistant”, to avoid losses, etc, etc. Hence my difficulty, and above all, that after all the adjustments, the Estra 330 does not loop correctly, nor do other figures, but the looping is the most exaggerated.

Anyway, you have clarified concepts for me, (this abbreviation “AOA”, among others, and I thank you for it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.