Eurofighter Typhoon Max speed

Very much new to MSFS so just learning the basics.
I purchased the Typhoon Jet via the marketplace on the Xbox Series X, but i am struggling to get up to the > 1,400 knots that i know you can. I am getting speeds of 1,100 or so at low altitudes.

I have most of the settings set to easy, and i have been toggling the afterburner but with no effect.

I am sure i am doing something wrong thats obvious!
Any advice would be good :slight_smile:

I’m afraid it’s an absolutely appalling model and virtually none of it is accurate.

Yes i understand it isnt popular but it was cheap enough.

Anyway, i have watched enough videos of people getting around 1,400 knots but it’s something i can’t seem to do, so hopefully somebody can help :slight_smile:

No, you aren’t doing anything wrong, except your knowledge of aircraft speed.
You go faster at higher altitudes.
This performance data for the Typhoon is from the Google Wiki.

*Maximum speed: 2,125 km/h (1,320 mph, 1,147 knots) / Mach 2.0 at 11,000 m (36000 feet) altitude
1,530 km/h (950 mph; 830 knots) / Mach 1.25 at sea level.

Thanks, yes i think i understand the basics of all that, i am just going by several videos i have watched of people achieving around 1,400 knots at very low levels with this aircraft. Maybe older versions and recent updates have corrected it, i don’t know?

1 Like

I haven’t used this for along time.
The model has changed. You are watching old videos from a previous patch. I just tried and the max air speed is 1100kts @ ground level. As people have told you air speed does not equal ground speed.

Previously it was a broken/badly applied model that you could fly into the space limits. With Asobo introducing jets I imagine that the Eurofighter has had its wings clipped so to speak.

1 Like

Thanks for that, much appreciated! I kind of assumed that would be the reason, but nice to see it confirmed :slight_smile:

1 Like