Eurofighter Typhoon - purchase failed, yet charged

New Series S simmer from xbox release day… thought I’d buy the Eurofighter, wish I’d found the forums first, because from some threads, it ain’t particularly well realised. But that ain’t the problem.

Purchase obviously goes through the MS/Xbox store, and I’ve been charged: it’s gone from the bank and there’s a purchase showing as “complete” on xbox/my account.

Except, the 'plane didn’t download (“download failed” popped up in the corner). No option to retry the download, it’s not showing as Owned or Pending in Content Manager.

Anyone had a similar problem, or anyone know of redress? Guess I could mail XBox Live/MS customer services (I know they’ll claim it’s a “marketplace”, but my thought is, the money has gone to MS according to my bank, so their problem/responsibility to make sure the third party completes their side).

Cheers for reading and ta in advance should anyone have any thoughts on a resolution.

1 Like

Sorry to hear of your issues. I suspect there will be problems like this until the whole set-up settles down a bit.

Definitely contact MS Customer Services as it’s their show, and maybe get a refund if the Eurofighter isn’t your thing. If you’re after jets, IndiaFoxtEcho’s MB-339 or T-45C Goshawk are a much better buy, or my own F-15 Eagles if you’re looking for something supersonic.

Be aware that this sim update has broken some things with aircraft, which will take developers a while to fix. Nothing major, but definitely take the time to read forums and reviews before diving in :+1:

Cheers for the reply Dean, appreciated. Definitely a mail to MS methinks.

Love the look of the Eagles, and I’ve seen a youtube of the T-45 from Valley and into the Mach Loop (I live in Cumbria, they often fly the Mach Loop then play in the Lake District too, so regularly see the RAF (and USAF, and anyone else on exercise) using our mountains and valleys for training… F-15s, F-22s, Typhoons, Hawks, Tornados… all cool.

Gonna let things settle down (only released on S/X yesterday, and I set the store to platform specific, presumably your F-15 is just pc at the mo? Couldn’t see it) and enjoy the base game a while, then look into third-party 'planes.

Cheers again.

1 Like

Yeah, we’re just waiting for the Eagles to be cleared into the X-Box by MS, they have a backlog at the moment ( no surprise there ). Tomcats will join them in August.

1 Like

Exactly the same problem today october 2021 still an issue…! Paid a lot of money for the game and the DLC and both Steam and FL2020 both say i don’t have DLC content in their idiotic automated help section that doesn’t work… So i think i am going to get a refund… if DLC’s don’t download and they havent fixed it after all this time… you back in the summer me 5 months later…

Not an expert on this but I’ve heard that logging out then back in to the store clears these things, or re-booting the sim etc. Frustrating though, no doubt.

1 Like

tried and didn’t work