European Runway Number Markings

Small thing I just noticed. In Europe the runway always consists of 2 numbers followed by a L(eft), R(ight) or C(enter).

Example: runway 05L and not runway 5L.

Would be nice to see this regional difference being added to the sim.

Yeah, there are many “U.S.” standards in the sim that are implemented throughout the world. I hope it’s somewhere on their list. I would not probably care unless I wanted to use the sim for real flight training in the EU.

1 Like

I think you are able to do both when creating an airport in the devmode. So as soon as the airport gateway is up this will probably be implemented by the community in a matter of weeks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there,
Is this topic still unresolved? I’ve flown around Europe and seen some runways with leading 0s but I can’t say definitively if this is everywhere that it needs to be.

Good question, I honestly didn’t know I had this wishlist item open still :joy:. I guess it is resolved in that case…

Haha, okay! I’ll resolve it, but if you find it’s still a problem in some places, shoot me a message and I’ll put it back in! What I don’t know is if it’s been fixed only places where there have been world updates, or everywhere.

1 Like