Even the Cessna Citation Longitude?

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Which aircraft are you using that experiences this issue?

Cessna Citation Longitude

Brief description of the issue:

I avebread the latest release note on 1.35.8.0 about Garmin 3000/5000

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

I have read the release notes of the new beta 1.35.8.0 a few minutes ago and by reading them my eyes fell on the one about Garmin 3000/5000 aircraft, the Cessna Citation Longitude is a 5000 one and it says that the CDI system will no longer automatically switch from FMS to LOC during the ILS/LOC approaches, it will be needed to arm the LOC to make the plane catch the LOC phase, that is what i understood.

The Cessna Citation Longitude, a Garmin 5000 systems glass cockpit plane, has no LOC button, but only the APPR button.

If my English knowledge does not lack something, should i push the APPR button before even entering the LOC alignment to have the Longitude catch it?
I might guess yes, but i am asking you to be more sure.

PC specs and peripheral set up:

Xbox Series X controller

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

Xbox Series X

Are you using DLSS?

Xbox Series X

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

Are you using DLSS?

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Not sure why this is in the bug section. APR modes selects the LOC and GS modes for an ILS. They will arm if they do not currently meet the capture criteria. All this fix has done is stop the auto switching if the APR mode is not already armed. So if hand flying thd approach for instance you would need to do the swap of source from GPS(FMS) to radio yourself.

Topic moved into Beta Discussion