Event IDs and FSUIPC. Request for information

I have had a look around for this stuff but not found the answer so I need to ask the font of knowledge that is here. As is well reported, many of the control codes (66**** etc) that were in FSX/SimConnect don’t work in MSFS. It seems to be the ones that do not come up as an event on the FSUIPC log when clicked in the cockpit.

I have also found that MobiFlight seems to manage to talk directly using Event IDs and can do some of this stuff, which is awesome and I intend to go down that route at some point but am not using Arduino at the moment. Is there a way to get FSUIPC to use Event IDs?

You have to suffer without MobiFlight and Arduino. Just take a look at YouTube:
MobiFlight Video Tutorial
Very helpful :smiley:

Hmm, problem with that is my cockpit is already built, works fine with FSX, X-Plane, DCS, IL2 etc etc and I would prefer to not rip it apart and rewire everything to make one other Sim work.

2 Likes

Just a hint :wink: That Tutorial helps to understand, what kind of offsets in MSFS are reachable for ‚Cockpitbuilders‘ like us and how we can take use of them. :+1:

Yes you can
There is a post https://forum.simflight.com/topic/91606-using-fsuipc7-with-mobiflight-wasm-module/

Brilliant! Will get to work on this and report back

It all works!!! The GNS 530 now does what it is told from my cockpit! Thanks for the info. I now need to give John Dowson some praise and donate to Mobiflight. Thanks again Guit3000

You are welcome :blush:

Another question on the same vain. I have just bought the DC-6 and it is amazing. Not a DC-3 unfortunately but awesome just the same. I have the same issue with the DC-6 Gyro-pilot as I did with MSFS G530 etc. I don’t know the event IDs that will talk to the gyro-pilot. I found this here somewhere:

DC6_AP_ON#43401 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)
DC6_AP_OFF#43401 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)
DC6_AP_HANDLE_ON#40401 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)
DC6_AP_HANDLE_OFF#40401 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)
DC6_AP_PITCH_UP#440 100 * 8 + (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)
DC6_AP_PITCH_DOWN#440 100 * 7 + (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)
DC6_AP_ALT_HOLD_ON#43601 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE)
DC6_AP_ALT_HOLD_OFF#43601 (>K:ROTOR_BRAKE).

Not sure what to do with it so I tried a new event list in FSUIPC
Mobiflight.DC_6_AP_ON etc
It appears in the FSUIPC lists and I can assign it but it doesn’t do anything. It was just a punt and didn’t expect it to.

But no luck. Any ideas?