Excited forTomorrow and Update

Really excited for KDFW and KATL tomorrow. I really hope they done something and the Longitude in flyable again. We’ll see!

4 Likes

I really hope so too. I haven’t been able to bring it up past FL330 in forever due to the oscillation. I really like that plane. Although truth be told, they supposedly “fixed” it in both the last patches and all they did was break it in a different way. So I will remain skeptical until I see it working properly for myself. And on a side note, I really wish they would enable the HUD. Why model such an awesome thing in the cockpit to not use it?

5 Likes

I hope things go smoothly this is gonna be a hefty update I’m always nervous when these updates come

1 Like

Don’t get to excited just another update patch, still lots of issues need to get fixed, be 2yrs from now then maybe it will all be fixed let’s hope Right? :slight_smile:

9 Likes

You dont have to wait:
Here is the hotfix that makes the Longitude Flyable

4 Likes

I read somewhere that this mod brings a lot of -crashes to desktop- … what´s your experience?

2 Likes

I won’t install any mod that doesn’t live in my community folder but instead overwrites default game files in the main installation folder.

18 Likes

I hope that Alaska will finally get proper (or at least any) textures and also that icing will finally be toned down but my expectations are low.

5 Likes

I hope they don’t break anything again

3 Likes

I would just hope they don’t break anything critical. Every single patch to date has broken more stuff than it fixed. I would expect no different here. I hope I’m proven wrong.

8 Likes

Version 1.1 caused a CTD almost every time. Version 1.2 is stable and is usable with all other liveries and mods.

1 Like

We hope not to break anything.

20 Likes

I understand, with the new update it only overwrites one file, the rest is in the community folder. And If you make a copy of the original file it should be easy to revert back if you have any problems. That being said, version 1.2 is smooth and I haven’t had any crashes. I would try it if I were you, you have nothing to lose here. It’s basically unflyable, it can only go up from here. When you get it working, it’s a gamechanger. Flying at FL400 without banking left to right or up and down is a good feeling.

1 Like

I’ll consider it after tomorrow. If the plane is fixed with the update as they claim it will be, then this mod is moot.

I wouldn’t say excited but rather cautious. The last world update with Japan was a mess and the crashiest patch I’ve installed so far, so hopefully this one is smoother.

3 Likes

They rushed the Japan patch out because MS had an event in Japan where they were showing off their latest update. It was nowhere near being ready. I’m seriously hoping they tested this one enough, and hoping that if they find last minute issues that they’ll delay it.

2 Likes

Hope is a great human instinct…but not always justified lol.

Crunch,
I agree with you. Personally, I am not installing any of the freeware, payware or commercial ware until MS has more time to fix and update the core MSFS. I just do not want any outside influence to my core simulator until more of the annoyances and flaws are fixed.

1 Like

Question :exclamation::exclamation:
If I have the payware Atlanta scenery, will the handcrafted airport by Asobo conflict with my payware ??

I’m excited to check out the new scenery, I haven’t had any issues yet with the updates or ctd. I loved the Japan update so I’m hoping for a similar experience here. Fingers crossed it goes as smoothly as past experiences for me.