Expansion of premium deluxe and deluxe?

As many of us know equality is everything in the gaming/simulation industry how ever it would be great to see msfs expand content for those with the relevant sim type.

In reality we are only purchasing the additional planes at the start then it’s like our versions merge into one and there is no longer any versions.

Wishlist - To see additional content for the relevant versions weather it be scenery or aircraft to make that title of “ Yo guess what? I just got ……… Because I have the premium deluxe version you should upgrade your version to get the same ………” in reality it benefits msfs and us simmers that have purchased the the deluxe/premium deluxe versions and anyone who is thinking of doing so by seeing more content that’s exclusive within those versions of Msfs.

With all of the available payware planes, scenery and airports, is there really even a reason to purchase anything other than the base anymore?

I bought it for the C172 Skyhawk (Steam Version) and the Baron G58. Other then that, when it comes to scenery, planes, and airports, third party do a much better job.

I get what you are saying about making it more enticing by adding more extras, but again, I think allot of other people are doing it allot better than what has been / can be provided in the sim itself. (Quality over Quantity).

If I was recommending MSFS to anyone today, I’d tell them to buy the base to get the platform, spend the rest on third party to get what you want.

Unless you really want a plane that isn’t available anywhere else.

1 Like

Lets see if I get you right.
You say that MS should release “extra” for a certain versoin?
So as an example : on a WU they add 5 new airports. The standard version gets 2, 3 for the deluxe version and all 5 for the premium deluxe version?
If that’s what you mean I see no advantage in that. I have the Premium but dont mind people with the standard version getting the same updates.

1 Like

I bought the premium deluxe version for ONE reason, and that’s because I wanted the Longitude. I personally think it was well worth it, since that extra $40 or $50 or whatever would have long been spent by now, and I’ve enjoyed it immensely (with the mods of course).

I’m also cool with everyone getting the same stuff from the purchase point forward. With the literally thousands of mods out there, I don’t know if there’s a reason to segregate further release features.

Rather than add new aircraft to the Deluxe pack, I’d like to see the existing ones. Development on all those aircraft is essentially blocked. Third parties are unlikely to develop competing versions, and Asobo is doing nothing with them, not even fixing errors.

They could develop them into top-quality aircraft, showcasing what the sim is capable of and at the same time boosting sales.

The GA aircraft in that pack are low-hanging fruit. They could develop them to a very high standard with far fewer resources than would be required to develop, say, an airliner.

2 Likes

They did say in the last Q&A that they have the last of the approvals to “unlock” the DLC planes so they can be opened up for modding.

1 Like

Is there some place where i can see the difference between the versions? I have the premium deluxe dvd version. But to be honest, since a lot of the world and sim updates i have no clue what the differences are anymore.

Airport wise in a lot of airports, especially at night, a lot of terminals look like office buildings. Airports like EHAM of KDEN, LFPG have massive holes in taxiways (most of the times were cartunnels are and those are still not resolved (yes, filed reports)…for handmade airports and a premium extra cash i would see more diff in the versions

Google is your friend.

Thanks for your reaction.
Yeah, i know it on paper. But what does for instance EHAM looks like in other versions, that’s more what i ment

It would just be generic buildings in close relation to the real airport versus handcrafted details to ensure a replica.

That will open it up to enthusiast developers but it’s not going to bring the professional teams in. In fact, it will make it even more unlikely that they’ll bring out a competing product.

The Deluxe editions are a disaster in my opinion, they have effectively doomed a number of desirable aircraft to permanent mediocrity.

The premium versions of flight simulator haven’t provide any new content since first release. All of the sim and world updates are available to all versions of flight simulator. The 40th anniversary update may change this but are the premium versions giving us extra after release?

I bought the most expensive version in 2020 but the only thing I’ve ever used from it is the Cessna 172 steam gauge. I don’t regret buying it as I get a tremendous amount of value out of the sim overall, but given that third party airports and planes are superior its probably not worth buying anything more than the standard edition.

I have replaced several airports like Heathrow and Liverpool John Lennon with third party payware anyway.

2 Likes

Why should they? The premium & premium deluxe packs add several additional airplanes each that are exclusive to the pack. They were delivered, and you can get them by paying for it.

Other than bug fixes, there’s not really anything to add specifically.

I don’t see why it would. That’s not really how premium versions work. They give you more from the start, but future updates will apply to all versions equally.

The “extra” was the content when purchasing MSFS and is forever. And the extra price is OK for the additional addons included.

My issue is there does not seem to be an upgrade path to it if you bought a lower version. Same price even if you already bought standard.

I bought the premium deluxe because I wanted the Longitude, and I’m very happy with it. But I agree with Slaitmeister though - if you purchased the regular package and want to upgrade, you should get a break on the cost.

This might help.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/microsoft-flight-simulator-2020-upgrade-the/8143dd85-ab4e-4959-903f-593bc75ad282

This has been covered;

1 Like