Exploring the World via the Drone Camera

Ok, so maybe the least explored feature of MSFS is what you see if you fly around with just the drone camera (plane parked), and explore the ground, the cities, etc. I’m not sure how far you can go, but it’s pretty cool. I did a flight (in a plane) from Yakima KYKM to fly around Mt Rainier, Mt St Helens, and land in Portland Hillsboro KHIO. Then tried the drone for the first time…

The Invisible Man offered pushback…

Downtown Portland even has cars driving, and Graffiti (“Keep Portland Weird”)

Then I started going up… way up… I’m not sure how far you can go, but it’s higher than any plane. You can see from Portland to Vancouver Island…

And see how Microsoft / Asobo weather looks from space (unnatural at this scale, but of course it’s very realistic when flying)

Finally, if you keep going up, you can see the curve of the earth… it looks like nothing renders after a certain distance, I assume the horizon distance for whatever plane flies the highest… But wow. I didn’t have time to keep going up, to see if the whole world would appear, but maybe someone will try… If you then look up from there, all of the stars actually appear (but I failed to get a screenshot).