External Camera views missing

Today’s update 1.13.16.0 does not resolve our issue. So, I’m thinking of totally uninstalling Flight Sim and then reinstalling it entirely. What do you think ?
I have a good internet connection with fiber, it shouldn’t be too long, only several hours. Today the servers are perhaps saturated by the download of the update?
But before that, I have to think carefully about what I need to save, to exactly reconstitute “my” flight sim: my settings, I have to make screenshots, the list of my aircrafts, my purchased scenery, my saved flights…
What do you think ?

I have this issue, can’t fix it no matter what I try, no external views at all :frowning:

Did anyone manage to find a solution to this issue?..

Not for me. I continue to fly with only one external camera and therefore only one external view.
:frowning:

1 Like

Good morning all,
I totally uninstalled Flight Sim, and re-installed it. 149 Gb downloaded, 5 hours with fiber. And in this new Flight Sim, I still don’t have any external cameras! ! ! ! ! !
Can this information give us a clue? an explanation? and guide us to a solution?

1 Like

I also still have this problem. Doe somebody know whether this is an installation glitch on particalar PC’s or is this a general problem? Is there someone who still has external camera views?

1 Like

I have this issue, as well
Any advices ??

Should I try maybe to uninstall and reinstall everything??

Hello Aviattore7240,
I did that, uninstall and reinstall, and it didn’t change anything: still no external views. But that required redoing my personalized settings, my preferences, my hangar, my recorded flights … a lot of things.

Yeah, I’ve been having the same problem. I reinstalled everything from scratch and it still hasn’t changed anything. I also tried checking the cameras.cfg files and as well as trying some camera mods for views but nothing seems to work. I haven’t even seen any mentions or comments about fixing the issue on any other forums or youtube videos so it probably won’t be fixed anytime soon unless were lucky.

That’s weird

Has anyone come up with a fix for the missing external views? There have been a few threads here that seem to timeout but with no fix. I’ve reported on Zendesk, uninstalled, reinstalled, but still haven’t got my views back :frowning:

Hi all!
A lot of posts were merged into this topic. Unfortunately, we are unable to merge votes. If your post was moved, re-cast your vote on this topic.

Thank you!

Yeah, that’s weird and annoying
Can’t find a way to fix this

That’s pretty easy. Change camera to showbox. Although the different cameras are not listet change through the several camera views by simply pressing the key “a” on your keyboard again and again

Thanks StevenStevensen for your answer, but no, it doesn’t work. In the cameras menu, I choose external cameras, then I have an extenal view, since I only have one external camera.
I type “a” and then nothing! Nothing changes. I type “a” over and over again: nothing, nothing, nothing.
Definitely, I only have one external camera.

There are three cameras:

1 cockpit
2 external
3 showbox

Take camera 3 (showbox) and press a key.

Or do you have an XBox???

Please, Note that I am French and my FS is in French, so showbox does not exist, 3 is “vitrine”.
I don’t have an Xbox, I am using FS on Windows 10 PC.
I tried on showbox (vitrine), and hit a key: nothing.
Anyway, our problem is not on the showbox, but on the external view which has only one camera, therefore only one external view. This is our problem.

When ypu say you use external camera 2 just press your left mousekey and drag the camera to every angle to your liking

Yes, yes, I know this and use it. But our problem is not that!
It seems you don’t understand what the problem is that we are talking about here in this topic.
In the cameras menu, in tab 2: “EXTERNAL”, there is a button named “EXTERNAL VIEW”. If you click on this button, you will see 8 cameras listed: Quickview 1, Quickview 2 …
But we haven’t listed anything under this button. These 8 views do not exist for us! This is our problem.
Please re-read my first post in this topic (Jan 11), and watch the screenshot I posted.
Thank you.