External Pan View Using Logitech 'Top Hat' button - Mapping?

I had an external view mapped to the button on top of the joystick, (Top Hat?), that allowed me, in External View, (Not Drone Cam), to push the button sideways & then slowly rotate the view around the aircraft, with the aircraft centered in the view. (Possibly called ‘Pan View’)

I held & ‘rotated’ the Top Hat button rather than toggled with it.

I could also move the camera up or down by pushing the Top Hat back & forth, & stop the view where I wanted it in relation to the aircraft, by releasing pressure on the Top Hat button.

I have lost that ‘mapping’ & now have ‘snap to view’ , LHS, RHS, Front & back of the aircraft, when I push on the side of the Top Hat button.

Anyone recall the mapping that gives the smooth ‘Pan View’ transitions rather than snap to view?

Thanks
TG

Here is a pic of how I did mine, and it goes smoothly when all are done!

Make sure in the filter, you have “all” not “assigned”

1 Like

Thanks for that.
I copied your set up & am nearly there.
At the moment the camera will rotate about the aircraft smoothly as I hold the Top Hat button to one side. However, when I release the button, the view rotates back to the starting point, ie, ‘Chase view’, tucked in behind the rudder.
I am missing a setting that will hold the camera where I release the top hat button, ilo ‘returning to base’.
Any thoughts?
T45

I suspect that may be a function of your switch.
You can see mine in the pic on the yoke.
Mine stays where released.

Perhaps. :grinning:
However I had mine working like yours until I had to do a re-install.
I’ll keep experimenting.
TG

1 Like

I’m not too sure what those “locked” view commands do, and I haven’t played around with freelook, so that may give some ideas.

Also, did you try drone view, you can set it up the same way, and it has more positioning flexibility.

I use drone but I had a good setup on the joystick, which I use to fly the aircraft, drone being used for shots & scenery exploration.
I tried the ‘Locked’ view, & that’s what it did!, locked the camera on to chase rudder view. Couldn’t move it at all. :grinning:
I’ll dig around.
TG

1 Like

GOT IT!!
In case you or anyone else has this issue - the fix
(1) Set the External ‘POV’ as per your screen shot.
(2) Options/General/Camera/Chase Camera/POV Reset/Manual
I had POV Reset/Auto, which meant it always returned to where my ‘view’ started its journey.

Simple as that.
Thanks for your help.
TG

2 Likes

That would explain the difference, my setting was already on manual.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.