External traffic on TCAS at wrong altitudes - Sim injecting it incorrectly

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Traffic being injected into the sim from PSXT or vPilot (VATSIM) are being injected into the sim at the wrong altitudes. At cruise, I see other traffic, who are flying at my same altitude typically 1200-1400ft above me. Not sure if something happened with simconnect or whatever else may be in use here.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Fly an aircraft with TCAS using PSXT or connected to VATSIM with vPilot. Look for traffic around on the TCAS and reconcile with the actual altitude of the plane (RealTraffic or a VATSIM traffic display program). Notice the difference in what is reported as real altitude and what the sim is showing on TCAS.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hello @Truthknown,

Is this a regression from SU9? Was this working correctly prior to the SU10 beta?

Thanks,
MSFS Team

No

I did a flight with a friend three days ago where we used swift to inject each other’s plane into our sims (he is using XP11, and I obviously MSFS). His plane was correctly inject at the correct altitude. So simconnect seems to work fine …

Not sure honestly. I noticed it with SU10.

this bug is here since release

1 Like

I’m on SU10 beta 1.27.18.0 and still have this issue. I had the same issue on SU9 also. It never really went away. PSXT is injecting traffic at the wrong altitude and volanta is showing me higher than I am. This only occurs when using real wold weather from the sim. Turn it off, and eveything goes back to normal.

I’ve been using PSXT for a while now and have on occasion seen issues with incorrect alt. but overall they seem to be accurate, even with SU10.

The latest build of SU10 1.27.21.0 seems to be working very well with PSXT. Here is a video of KATL with PSXT. Much better performance on my machine. Would naturally like it even better but at least it seems to be going in the right direction.

P.S. had to use drone only, Honeycomb died so sim is in the shop until Tuesday (at least that’s the promise anyway)

oh yeah ground level is 100% spot on. Its only when I’m at cruise altitude that I run in to a problem.

Sounds like an issue mixing up pressure altitude with GPS altitude, or something like that. Are the developers of the software that’s doing the injection able to debug that? Is the source available?

1 Like

Yes

The problem is exactly the same if you use IVAO, FSLTL, LittleNavMap shows 2 heights. The calculated altitude and the actual altitude. And my plane flies at the actual altitude, which never coincides with the calculated one. Altitudes diverge by 500, 1000 and even 1500 feet. For this reason, I often encounter dangerous situations with model planes flying at oncoming flight level.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

Did this ever get fixed? Because I’m still getting it.