Extra 330 LT / Pitts - still bad roll responsibility

Have YOU tested my flight model mod? Can YOU tell me how in real life a snap roll is flown?

Thank you for your know it all attitude.

By the way, I THINK this youtube video shows FS2020 snap rolls: https://youtu.be/MuJSecWD_xY

The youtube vid shows a lot of wrongs.

Much too much incident. There must be a sharp pull but just about the sweet spot for the snap, only a view degree but not 30 or even more.
Crisp application of full rudder with immediate release of elevator, even push a bit to avoid this idiotic incident in the youtube. Depending of the Type of aircraft: Support of rotation together with the elevator release with ailerons.

I will test your new files as soon as possible.

The problem is the incorrect basic inertia calculation/simulation in MSFS.

It’s still similar to FSX and there’s no way you can overcome this basic problem.

Most of us FDE designers have tried to correct this flaw for many years in different ways
it’s simply not possible.

Even if you say so, I have fun. I don’t buy your negative attitude.

It’s great that you are having fun, but please don’t claim that you are able to fix items in MSFS which can’t be fixed.

Can you tell me why are you SO aggressive? Can you tell me what are MY claims exactly that drive you nuts?

Have you watched my videos on Youtube? Like the snap roll videos I made for Pitts https://youtu.be/MuJSecWD_xY and Cap10 https://youtu.be/AFUi0wuAazU ?

By the way: My definition of claim is: If I say “blabla”, but I can not show “blabla”. What is your definition of claim?

Oh, I was so happy to see, that the new update also include a “tweaked” Extra. But
 still the same old story. Slow aileron acceleration and decelleration. You can only stop the rolls precisely if you roll slow with small input. So another round to wait for a fix in flight dynamics. Hey, possibly it is again buried deep inside the general flight dynamics like in FSX, not a tweak of Extra and Pitts.

A pity about the poor aerobatic handling in MSFS.

A company in Poland is developing a force feedback control system for VR aerobatic training. They have decided to use Aerofly FS2 as they consider this is the only platform with the potential for good enough aerobatic handling combined with good VR performance.

But Aerofly is limited in other ways, in particular limited scenery, lack of multi player, or ability to link another computer as image generator for second VR headset in dual control cockpit.

2 Likes

Yes, Shifty. This is why Aerofly is currently still my #1 for serious aerobatics. Can you give me the contact to the company? I am really interested in what they want to archive.

Well 1.12.13.0 Extra 330LT: (out of the box)

What is not working anymore:
Spin. I am going slower and slower, full left or right rudder, no stall. Crazy.
Wheel breaks: I can give full breaks and nearly nothing happens.

Still not working:
Roll Acceclleration much too slow
Glide angle:
Should be 6:1. This plane currently slow down very slowly. It glides much too good, for example during landing.
Parking break: Again, this plane has no parking break. (You tie it down with straps to the ground.)

In general:
I know for this plane the smoke system is optional. But why is the (not working) smoke switch on top of the throttle?
I hope it gets included with the new effect engine, whenever it sees the sunlight of the sim world.

That’s weird. Just tested and spinning works as usual.

Ok, it spins. But the Rudder is not working as expected.
If you slow down, no altitude gain or loss, at one point the plane shakes. This is the point where you go into full left or right rudder. One wing is getting slower and stalls because of this, one is not. This is, why the plane is going into a spin. Normaly. Here, nothing happens, the nose is just 10 degree out of direction (with full rudder) an the plane still shakes.
What the plane is doing: If you getting slow, it shakes
 getting slower, still it shakes and independent(!) of rudder entry or not it will go into a spin. Even with the rudder input it can turn into the wrong direction. This IS crazy.

Okay, but what do you mean?
1.) Spin works as in a real aerobatics airplane.
2.) Spin works as wrong as it did in the previous version of FS2020.

These half sentences of yours do not help much 

Here is a good example of what I would expect in Flight Simulator for roll accelleration/decelleration:

And also good example of snap/flick rolls and spins.

Aerofly FS2 is presently the only acceptable aerobatic simulator if you need high roll rates.

If the roll rate is < 180deg/sec you can cheat with FDE design and achieve realistic results with the old FSX/P3D sims.

As has been demonstrated by a few participants in your VWAC many years ago :wink:

I know. :wink: But I see no excuse that Asobo couldn’t fix this for MSFS. Just want to keep pushing and reminding them.

This would require a complete redesign of the FDM from the ground up and that’s definitely not going to happen.

Way too time consuming = expensive.

Furthermore there aren’t too many aircraft which can achieve roll rates of more than 180deg/sec IRL.

Nevertheless this basic problem requires FDM designers to cheat everywhere, fuel tank position, pax position etc. etc.

Well, I know of someone who tweeked a core FSX dll to get rid of this limitation, though never plublished it. I don’t think it is hard to do if you have your hand on the source code.

Yes, I know this tweek, but again, this would require a redesign of all aircraft FDMs from scratch, plus all add-ons that have been released so far.

Except for the Extra, there wouldn’t be any difference in handling/performance.

I’d love to see a more accurate simulation just for the T-38 and A-4 :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is a possibility to temporarily change the limit values in MSFS directly in the memory. A program such as CheatEngine required.
The values for the radial accelerations are 5.23 and -5.23, as binary values EC51B81E85EB1440 and EC51B81E85EB14C0. You can search for this in CheatEngine and replace it with larger values, e.g. with 100 and -100, binary 0000000000005940 and 00000000000059c0.

This hack only affects reactive aircraft, which normally hit the 5.23 limit.

2 Likes