Extra airport icon stays static on screen when Display Direction on

MS-Store edition of on Windows 11, no add-ons.

I purchased MSFS just before the 40th anniversary release and was just getting my head around flying from A to B in the Cessna 152 with the help of the assistant showing me the direction and the generated user waypoint. I am probably (definitely) missing the obvious but since downloading the anniversary version things seem to have changed. If I have Display Direction on then there is, apart from the initial direction arrow, an airport icon at the bottom of the screen, pointing down, which doesn’t change the whole flight. Also sometimes I get two direction indicators showing different directions – both airport icons, as well as the static arrow at the bottom and I don’t seem to get the waypoint icon. Turning Display Direction off does remove this bottom icon.

Does this icon actually have a purpose?

Thanks.

EDIT: Weird, apparently this only seems to happen if I fly from EHRD to EHAM and vice versa! It doesn’t happen with other routes.

I’m guessing this is a glitch, never had it happen before sim update 11. It’s funny I found this topic by googling “airport icon stuck on plane” because it happened flying to…EHRD, so exact same airport you had it happen on. It happened to me a few days ago too but can’t remember where I was flying though it was different from the two you listed.

Must be affecting a small number of airports, kind of annoying but doesn’t happen most of the time and like you said can be solved by turning off the destination icons.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.