Extra Animals

Just a suggestion. Why have Asbo not modelled in more generic animals.
E.g.
Birds, Horses, Cows, Sheep, Dogs etc…

Instead of obscure animals that are only found in certain places in the planet, like polar bears and giraffes?

7 Likes

Probably because they could not get a License from the NSPCA to include other animals in the Sim.
Maybe they took advantage of the RIGHTS of these less well know animals because they did not have legal representation ? :frowning_face:

6 Likes

Because a large portion of this game is VFR bush flying and landmark sight seeing. So they added some “landmark” animals you can actually see from the air on bush flights at landmark locations.

It’s such niche feature of such limited practical use though. You visit these spots once, look at the animals, and are like, “neat”, and that’s the end of that. I wonder why they spent time on this rather than adding contrail and wake effects, putting extra time in on traffic and bridges, or trains, or more diverse weather…

Autogen bird flocks would be nice though. Cows… maybe? I fly around the Midwest and can’t recall looking at livestock from the air much, even though I’ve flown over feed lots and they are god awful smelling even at 3500 feet agl. I have seen bears from the air though, and it was super cool, so I get the appeal of having this in the sim.

Dogs though? Not so much. Animals just aren’t a big part of flying unless they’re megafauna in scenic locations, or they’re on the runway (deer/antelope at rural strips) or in your flight path (birds). It would be nice if they weren’t just landmark locations too. Like if the AI identified large natural wilderness preserves and parks and populated them with sparse megafauna, so you’d randomly and rarely encounter them making for exciting finds. A brown bear or two while flying over the vast Alaskan wilderness. Whales out in the ocean would be cool, but the water is opaque. The “find area” should be larger too. The animals just gallop in a rather tight circle, and to be honest it looks kind of silly, just like the ping-pong autogen traffic.

1 Like

Well I knew a guy who had an airplane damaged because a cow chewed on it … that could add to the fun of dodging vehicles and snoozing ramp workers :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Let’s not forget cats too:

12 Likes

Yeah I think so too. FSX had birds if I remember correctly.

Soaring birds of prey marked the locations of thermals in FSX, and there were bird add-ons I think. It would be nice if Flight Simulator had thermals. Another feature that probably should have taken precedence over elephants. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

P3D has whales & fishes and sharks !! and you can “fly” underwater and see Underwater scenery. – “Thunderbirds are Go”

2 Likes

Because we humans have eaten most of them or taken away most of their land and habitat or entirely made them go extinct.

It…sigh
Would be Totally unrealistic to have it on here.

1 Like

I tried the submarine on an early version of P3D and holy moly was that boring. GTA5 is way better with the underwater scenery, volumetric water, and sealife lol.

3 Likes

Particularly birds should be part of this sim. I had many sceneries in FSX where you had to look out for birds around the airports / airfields. What about bush strips where a deer or grizzly bear blocks the runway?

Animals are important but vegetation is even more. The variety of trees and bushes is very sparse at the moment. I’d like to see tropical flowers in Costa Rica, desert scrubs in Arizona and boabab in Madagascar.

Flying is about seeing the beauty of the world from above, not just avionics and airport buildings.

1 Like

They can’t even make planes that fly well. Seriously if a modders really wanted it they would make animal mods.

2 Likes

In the UK a lot of General Aviation airfields share land with farms. We have lots of farm land around the UK and sheep, cows and horses on there own will add so much to the sim. Especially us who are playing around with the SDK making new airports.

1 Like

no, fsx has only placed animals, same msfs have

Maybe it was an addon but I definitely had birds in FSX.

no, fsx had some place with birds and other animals, for example birds was with thermal flows, may be even generated there with real weather, i don’t sure

FSX had a flying DRAGON , you could fly… Even flapped its wings !!

I dont think it blew fire – but I suppose it could have done, if the developer really did not have a life !!

for that you had need tacpack

How about starling mumurations as a low level hazard - and a lesson in real formation flying! https://vimeo.com/478504402?ref=FB-share

Great whites in south africa ocean would be nice